New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Based from your experience... whats your recommended mobile phone to be used as modem for laptop...

any recommendations?

salamat mga tsikoteersss...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bro kung pangmodem lang ng laptop using 3G, pwede na yung LG phone almost 6k lang sya . its the cheapest 3g phone around

Quote Originally Posted by shotokan View Post
    Based from your experience... whats your recommended mobile phone to be used as modem for laptop...

any recommendations?

salamat mga tsikoteersss...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir gumamit ka ng nokia N70 napaka daling gamitin as a modem

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I bought the cheapest 3g nokia 6151 (around 10K+). though I havent tried using it as a modem.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    n70 + smart's 10php per 30mins... cheapest so far hehe

Yung Nokia E61 ang gamit ko sir, at highly recommended ko sa yo. Very simple and easy to use & connect to the internet via your laptop. Me wifi sya, At sa bahay, since me wireless router yung DSL namin, andali rin mag connect sa internet by itself, at since malaki yung screen nya, very easy rin yung browser software nya, so makaka post ka sa tsikot forums kahit nasa CR ka . Pag nasa labas ka naman, since 3G sya, mabilis maka internet, at yes mura lang pag naka Smart ka.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    bro kung pangmodem lang ng laptop using 3G, pwede na yung LG phone almost 6k lang sya . its the cheapest 3g phone around
    Ako, may mas murang 3G phone SE K608i,- libre ito sa Smart sa Plan800 a year ago.

Of course riding on Smart's P10 per 30minutes..... I think this is currently the best in the market.

Lately, iyon ng N73 ko na pahiram ng kumpanya ang aking ginagamit. Ayos din at madali ang interface. Same with N70.....

3001:thud:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nokia, SE, Samsung or LG work well. Stay away from Motorola. My apologies to our Motorola-owning Tsikoteers but Motorola phones simply suck as modems. We have three Motorola 3G phones here at the office and it was simply painful (figuratively) to configure those things, especially using bluetooth connectivity for Internet use. In addition, two of the phones did not have the necessary PC suite and cable included out-of-the-box: we had to buy those.

Pain in the butt.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have used lots of phones as modems, and among the units that i've used, nokias and the sony-ericssons are the easiest to use and to configure (N6630, N6680, N70, N91, SEk750i, SEK800, SEP900, N9500, N9300).

i would agree with nico, stay away from motorolas. ang hirap and mukhang imposibleng gawing modem.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    thank you guys for valuable infos...

at least sa ngayon meron na akong ideas kung anong magandang mobile phones for modem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Recommended mobile phone to be used as Modem