New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Go for a mac bro. And you'll never look back. Pasok sa requirements mo yung macbook (2nd level - Php65k ata ito now). Try to call ynzal marketing 4137574 to 75. look for sir Val. You can tell him i (Pauland) referred you. You may also visit http://ynzal.com

Good luck! :D

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    go for mac na nga. no regrets. pero order online. bayaran mo na lang additonal duties and taxes pero mas mura pa rin kesa dito ka bumili. kung ayaw mo naman ng mac, try to visit hp/compaq. my bro bought two weeks ago compaq worth 40K+ pero may sale yata sila so 32K+ na lang. vista home edition na and pasok sa specs mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    targetting 5 to 10 years life span for a notebook is too long, i think.

you can find some good choices here

kung kaya ng budget mo, go for a Mac nalang.
    for budget PCs my brand choice would be Toshiba, Compaq, and Acer

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    If I have to buy a laptop now..I would have two choices...

1st option would be the ultra lightweight series (Tx) from Sony. I think its around 11" and weight around 1Kg. Its a full featured laptop, lots of freebies and support. Plus..its a sony.

2nd option would be the desktop replacement type laptop..My bet would be the Toshiba Qosmio Series..HDTV compliant. Some comes with TV tuners. It has gigantic screens..plus enormous storage..like 400GB plus.

If I will not be travelling much in the coming years..I would take the Qosmio..But if I have to do a lot of travelling, I would pick the sony.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Perhaps it'd be nice to know what the thread starter's operating system preference is. If there's no preference, then an Apple laptop would make an attractive choice.

But if the thread starter's anything like my wife, it's better to stick with a Windows laptop.

My wife rarely uses the Mac Mini next to her pc. Whenever I'm surfing using her pc, she'd wait for me to get done rather than use the Mac (3* Macs if I include my kid's own Mini and old iBook 800) sitting nearby.

*It'd be 4 if I included the school MB my kid uses.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    online support is very important, have a friend who owns one of those generic laptop and cannot find anymore online the needed drivers for audio, modem. MB, etc.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I fixed a generic laptop once for my gf's friend. Wala nga kasi syang makitang marunong gumawa. Kaya kahit i don't do that anymore (since i like selling better), ginawa ko na rin. hehe.

Madali lang naman mag-ayos ng mga generics. All it takes is knowing how use the keyboard and mouse.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My Toshiba laptop is only sold with Vista Home Premium and Toshiba have no XP drivers for it in their web site. But, I managed to scrounge up XP drivers for it in case I decide to install XP.

Yahoo and Google are your best friends plus Device Manager.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I fixed a generic laptop once for my gf's friend. Wala nga kasi syang makitang marunong gumawa. Kaya kahit i don't do that anymore (since i like selling better), ginawa ko na rin. hehe.

Madali lang naman mag-ayos ng mga generics. All it takes is knowing how use the keyboard and mouse.
    good for you that you can fix this kind of problem but there are others who cannot and a very good online support can really go a long way.

i tried to help but i given up searching for free online drivers, most of the sites however will charge an amount before you can download.

i know that i can also search for a driver online eventually pero tinamad na rin ako. hindi tulad ng mga branded na laptop na available at free ang support.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With the slant towards more power efficient everything..... Instead of building a new desktop pc for the wife and kid, we'll buy laptops instead.

More specifically, they get my Toshiba while I get a new one for myself.

I probably should've known that the laptops sold by cyberpowerpc.com were either ASUS or MSI laptops.

I particularly like the ASUS C90S:

$1553.00(before all applicable rebates)

DISPLAY LCD: 15.4" WSXGA+ TFT LCD Display Max: 1680x1050 Pixels
    CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6320 CPU * 1.86GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache 64-bit
    MOTHERBOARD: Mobile Intel® 945G & ICH7M Chipset Mainboard
    MEMORY: 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 DDR2-667 SODIMM Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
    VIDEO CARD: Built-in NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT 512MB Supports up to 1GB Turbo Cache Technology Video
    HARD DRIVE: 200GB 7200RPM SATA150 HARD DRIVE
    OPTICAL DRIVE: 8X DVD REWRITABLE DRIVE
    SOUND: BUILT-IN AC 97 SOUND

With Vista Home Premium and MS Flight Simulator X

Plus, I think this model qualifies for the Windows Vista Bonus Pack:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/LandingP...ista/bonus.asp

Add the freebies: LapLink PCMover, Maxtor One Touch 4 Mini 80gb HD, and a D-Link Gamer Lounge 108G Gaming Router
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 9th, 2008 at 10:06 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Recommend Laptop