New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    What do you think of these? anybody here also into this?

BeagleBoard.org - BeagleBone Black

Raspberry Pi

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i've ordered one off Amazon, along with a temp/humidity sensor. Mini-project ko is to put up a cheap temperature monitor. Still waiting for it to arrive. i decided to go with Pi since i'm more familiar with Linux, and there seems to be good community backing this up(i.e. madaming mapagtatanungan)

Not looking forward to soldering and dealing with PCBs again though. Meron na palang mga photo/UV-sensitive PCBs, i.e. just mark down the wiring on the board, expose to sunlight, presto! instant PCB

Realistically, any typical pc can do what the Pi/Beaglebone does...and you may find some ready to use gadgets at CDR-King already. i think the biggest benefit of it is the knowledge you'll gain from tinkering with it, to open your mind to the possible applications. We recently interviewed an application whose thesis involved Arduino; wouldn't it be cool if our engineering/comsci curriculums had a course on these? Engineers would have a soft introduction to programming, Comsci students would have a better appreciation of the hardware aspect. Back in my college days, you'd have to build one from scratch, ngayon me kit na
    Last edited by badkuk; May 15th, 2014 at 10:02 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Arduino is another one.. parang okay na DIY / big boy's toys / nerd's toys hehe..

coming from a robotics related degree.. ang hindi ko masyado naranasan ay yung actual na makagamit ng mga PLC, stepper motors, servo motors noong college... now that I am in business (not really related to my course.. but.. trying to apply if possible)... sayang..

perhaps the school should've established better linkages with components suppliers then.. para mayroon siguro nag donate ng mga parts para sa laboratory man lang... para mapakita ma try ng student how it works.. how to control.. how to program... ng sa ganoon.. pag graduate ng student.. at pagpasok sa industry.... there's a chance na yung brand na yun ang irecommend since familiar na sya...

anyway... at least there are some schools in Metro Manila that you can learn the actual stuff (pneumatics, PLCs).. pero naghahanap pa din ako ng local na training school for servo / steppers.... I think I want to send a few of our guys in the company... para familiar sila sa technology.... para maging option yung mga ganyan na technology in our operations.. sa ngayon kasi... since walang may alam.. hindi option... but looking at the benefits... feeling ko hindi dapat maging hindrance yung cost ng machine kung makikita naman na may ROI sa machine...

anyway.. going back to the thread... may nakita akong libro sa HKG... like a complete guide to Raspberry Pi... ang daming projects na pwede gawin.. hehe...

I checked sa Alexan they do have the model B board... but don't have other add on boards...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i use an rpi as a media player.
    controlled pa ng tv remote yung interface nya.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I have 2 units of RasPi running XBMC (OpenElec) - one in the living room and one in the main bedroom. They're connected wirelessly to a media server housing a central XBMC DB. Ok naman performance nila as satellite XBMC installations (though I overclocked them for smoother navigation). If I don't need to watch movies using my main HTPC, I just use either of the 2.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My kid has one. A Raspberry PI. I bought it locally in a store in Pasig. He is now working on his Python skills.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I need help sourcing out an A/V cable for the RasPi 2 B (or RasPi B+). The 4-pole 3.5mm plug to 3-RCA A/V cables I have lying around that came from our Sony Handycams were unfortunately incompatible. Sony's implementation: The GND and Video signal pins are interchanged.

The reference picture below shows the desired pinout:

An alternative is to find an equivalent Apple or Zune A/V cable. But again, I need help sourcing these out.

Thanks much!