New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...CmoreStories.0

April 20, 2011 8:16 AM PDT
    by Jeff Bakalar

Sony has confirmed with CNET that production has officially ended on the PSP Go, the company's UMD-less portable system that debuted in late 2009. The Go was undeniably ***y, improving upon the traditional PSP's overall design.

Aside from its sleek looks, solid feel, and slide-out screen, the Go never really took off. Perhaps it was the fact that there was no practical solution for previous PSP owners with UMD games. Maybe it was the limited availability of titles on the platform's digital-distribution model. Or perhaps it was the shockingly high $250 launch price tag that turned people off?

Regardless, we're sorry to see it go, but happy to hear that Sony is focusing its time and energy on the NGP, the true successor to the PSP product line. Will the NGP learn from the PSP's missteps? We hope to find out more about the dual-touch-panel behemoth this June at E3 2011.

Still in the market for a PSP? We still wholeheartedly recommend the PSP-3000, though we're expecting to see the NGP on store shelves this holiday season.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ang bilis naman!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    sure death talaga yan dahil ayaw nilang ma-mod ng public.
    sony was also under threats from customers kaya laging inaatake sites nila kahit yung online store nila pinababagsak ng attackers. i only saw Go users use their Go for mp3 at video playback lang and it was like 1-2 people lang from my entire life. games? nahh...

kakaiba rin kasi sony, they don't give you the freedom to mod your item that you purchased from them tapos ikaw pa mapepeligro sa company ng sony mismo kapag ginawa mo. binili mo nga eh, dapat may freedom ka to mod it. ang masama lang kasi, lumalaganap ang mods kaya umaksyon naman sila.

IMO, this is not about umd users. dahil hindi na nila malaro mga umds nila. oo possible rin pero onti lang sa mga umd users ang may habol niyan dahil globally almost all people play with their psp na modded na.
    ang pinaka reason nito for sure is yung ability nito to be modified to the taste of each owner.

the NGP is nice and i think it would sell. pero yung sony ericson version would be the best system lalo na kung pwede ma-alter, has good solution for battery life (kasi phone at psp in 1), and a nice price tag.

now i wonder what happened to the attackers to sony na naglaunch ng video campaign? O____o

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I ended up buying a PSP3K they other year. Sasakit bulsa mo sa PSP Go via online purchase download ang games ang mahal pa.
    Last edited by radiazone; April 22nd, 2011 at 03:33 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    just go psp go......bye-bye.

R.I.P. PSP Go, we hardly knew ye