New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just recently purchased a Crucial 240 SSD and I want to install my OS (Win 7 64bit) and other important apps/games there. I want it a clean installation. My motherboard is ASrock A75 Pro4-M which has 5 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s ports.

I have an existing 3 HDDs of different sizes and 1 DVD Rom (all of which are using 4 SATA ports). In other words, there is only one (1) SATA port left.

Can I just directly connect the Crucial SSD to that one unused SATA Port left? Or do I need to re-arrange the sata connectors, so that when I would install the Crucial SSD, I could install the OS there?

Noob here.....TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Just recently purchased a Crucial 240 SSD and I want to install my OS (Win 7 64bit) and other important apps/games there. I want it a clean installation. My motherboard is ASrock A75 Pro4-M which has 5 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s ports.

I have an existing 3 HDDs of different sizes and 1 DVD Rom (all of which are using 4 SATA ports). In other words, there is only one (1) SATA port left.

Can I just directly connect the Crucial SSD to that one unused SATA Port left? Or do I need to re-arrange the sata connectors, so that when I would install the Crucial SSD, I could install the OS there?

Noob here.....TIA
    plug it to any available sata3 port... configure BIOS to boot the sata3 port where you connect the SSD and dont forget to enable the AHCI on the sata mode (if applicable) to take advantage of the advance features of sata drives esp SSD