New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    both can play music, movies and pics.

cost PSP pwedeng $199 o 249 depende sa package IPOD $299

memory IPOD has 30 GB PSP limited to 2GB per mem stick.

Pareho din pwede kabitan ng iTrip.

If you were to choose between the 2, what will you choose.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Games can be played on one of them though, so medyo magkalayo ang choices...

I'm no serious gamer nor MP3 fan, so I'd stick my $300 into good bookshelf speakers.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have both.

in stock form, a PSP is practically useless for playing music because of space constraints unless you get the memory stick (like you said), which adds to the purchase price. also, you have to buy orig movies in the special PSP format and they're super-expensive. pwede rin siguro i-download sa mem stick pero hassle and i'm not sure they would fit.

pros of the PSP - excellent graphics, ability to play games.

pros of the iPod - if you don't need to play games, and don't mind the smaller screen, then this is much easier to use and view/play files (i assume you're talking about the iPod with video btw).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    depende yan sa gusto mo e, pero based sa post mo na
    both can play music, movies and pics
    hindi mo priority ang games, so go for the ipod. PSP is really meant for portable gaming.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    may creative zen vision: M (30 gigs, longer battery life, better video playback capabilities...) na ko so I'd opt for the PSP na lang.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    kng sa dalawa i'd go with a psp yng ver 1.5 then buy a mem stick of 2-3gb aroun 2-3k lng yata yng 2gb then download the games you wanna play from the internet mga 2 games pwde mo ilagay then store some mp3's you dont need videos pakikingan mo lng naman eh exept if you wanna brag about it overall I'd go with the PSP but if you'r true reason for buying one of these is sound's then go with I-pod. Remember if you wanna buy a psp buy the ver 1.5 bec the other versions cant play games downloaded into the mem stick.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I recently sold my Ipod Video bec. I find it bulky to carry around. what more sa PSP hehehe.

anyways, kung music lang talaga, the Nano will do. honest to goodness 14 hours music playing. yun ipod video claims it can play 14 hours straight. never ko pa nagamit ng ganun katagal yun.

kung video and photos naman, I doubt if ma-enjoy nyo yan sa compact devices with small screen and limited battery. got myself an Ibook, i can surf wirelessly, watch dvd in larger screen in 4-5 hours! no other device/notebook in the market can operate this long without recharging. puwede mo din kabitan ng i-trip na luma hehehe
    Last edited by oldblue; July 25th, 2006 at 01:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i got ipod video and i book, what more can i ask for...

though ipod video may be quite big, it still is being used everyday, i plug it in my stereo and i plug it in my car, nomore cd's mas tipid and i could choose my songs to be played=)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    both can play music, movies and pics.

cost PSP pwedeng $199 o 249 depende sa package IPOD $299

memory IPOD has 30 GB PSP limited to 2GB per mem stick.

Pareho din pwede kabitan ng iTrip.

If you were to choose between the 2, what will you choose.
    You didn't specify which situation any of the two will be used in. But, the PSP does have a much bigger lcd screen than an iPod and is quite nice too. I had seen 3 PSP's from my nephews recently and all of them have wireless web browsing built-in:

I rather watch the occasional video on the PSP along with the wireless web browsing. Then there's games for the PSP. All in all, the PSP is more versatile as a timewaster while waiting in airports. Portability wouldn't be a problem because most likely, such a traveler will have a backpack or something to store any loose stuff.

The iPod is still the better music-listening device. But, that's about it. Its screen is too tiny which makes watching videos merely a novelty, at least to me.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 25th, 2006 at 03:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I also have myself an ibook and planning to buy an ipod video... pero mukang tama nga ... mas handy ang ipod nano. Gano ba katagal ang batery life ng ipod video? as compared sa nano?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PSP or IPOD