New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah. In Europe and Australia its PAL tapos sa US iba din, tapos yung Japan and Asia has the same region... Actually the Xbox 360 sells better than the PS3 in all regions except Japan where its a flop. Pero the US is the biggest market for videogames so MS is still #1 over Sony in this genertaion of consoles.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I bought PS3 for my son in Dubai and it is region B.. What this means? europe version? what it cant do when used in Philippines?

Tried to set it up and gumana sya but with the games that comes with the package pa lang na try ko. On DVD I think its region 2...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    I bought PS3 for my son in Dubai and it is region B.. What this means? europe version? what it cant do when used in Philippines?

Tried to set it up and gumana sya but with the games that comes with the package pa lang na try ko. On DVD I think its region 2...
    It means the Blu Ray disc player is locked to Region B (green on the map above) ... it cannot play Blu Ray discs encoded for Regions A and C. So if you're going to buy Blu Ray discs for that particular PS3, make sure they're Region B, or region-free (which most of them are).
    Last edited by StraightSix; June 12th, 2009 at 04:52 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Eyy thanks man now I understand.. But still a lot to learn on this PS3 like online gaming and net browsing.

can this actually function as a PC CPU? meaning if I attach a keyboards to it I can browse the internet same as my laptop?

or I am asking to much on a PS3 capability ?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    PC naman siya talaga.

Besides the XMB operating system, you can also install Linux.

I've tried a few wireless keyboards and they worked. Same thing with webcams, pen drives and external HDD's (as long as it's FAT32).

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    double-post

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I borrowed Blueray CD from a friend and I was able to play it in my PS3.

Can I copy this movie on my PS3 HDD?

If yes how to do it?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Of course not. If you can do it then it tantamount's to piracy, of course Sony won't allow their systems to rip movies of a disc and store it in your HDD.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I connected my PS3 on the internet and open an account but it dont include Philippines so I used Hongkong. I have downloaded some Demo games and when tried to purchase it I have to load the account first, unfortunately they need a credit card that has a HKG billing address.

Now how do you guys buy games on the Playstation store?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    I connected my PS3 on the internet and open an account but it dont include Philippines so I used Hongkong. I have downloaded some Demo games and when tried to purchase it I have to load the account first, unfortunately they need a credit card that has a HKG billing address.

Now how do you guys buy games on the Playstation store?
    if you have a relative or friend who will allow you to use their account for this purpose, that is a one way of doing it. normally, the relative or friend (who resides in a place where playstation store have on-line dealings) maintains a separate debit card account solely for this purpose and funded by you...

hope this helps...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
PS3 Questions