New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    One of the hard disks in my PC which is shared in the network, but whatever devise (an Media Player [Minix U1], an android phone, a tablet, or a smart TV) I use, I am asked for a username and password, and I have not set username and password.... By the way, my PC is on Windows 7 64bit...

Tried to look for some solution and I went to view homegroup password and tried to use and also change it, but I am left with the query: what is my "username"? For the username, I tried my PC account name, but the same problem... there is an error of not having the correct "username" and/or "password."

I also tried "turn off password protected sharing," but still the same, I am asked to enter "username" and "password"... Pls help...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    What's the setting of the shared folder? I haven't touched windows for a long time, but I believe you have to set 2 settings on the shared folder. 1 is shared properties, and another is security properties. You have to set both of them to allow everyone access. Also try creating a dummy account in Windows with simple user name and password and use that when connecting. Don't forget to add that dummy user to the 2 settings of the folder.

Also have you tried leaving the username and password blank then setting the shared property to allow everyone and setting the security property to also allow everyone.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BratPAQ; March 6th, 2017 at 09:47 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *bratPAQ, how to create a dummy account? sorry I am not quite familiar with networking...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sa control panel, open User Accounts.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho.
    the username and the password could be the same one that you are using to login into the PC, since the devices that access the computer directly connects to the PC without a domain.

and yes, you should have the same homegroup or workgroup.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Use samba for seamless file sharing with android based client device

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app