New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Before I used to have no problems when I installed the iTunes. But now I can't install it. It seems to stop and says that something is wrong with the files. Now, I can't update my iPod. Is there any program na pwede ko i-download so that I can update my iPod without even using iTunes?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Have you tried going to the Apple.com site to download the new version of iTunes? AFAIK the iPod only works with iTunes but I could be wrong.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Based on my (limited) experience, the IPOD works only with iTunes.... There could be other third-party interface programs out there where it will work.....

I am surprised that you're having difficulty installing iTUNES. I did it on 3 PCs without any issue. Of course, if IPOD senses a change in host PC, it will prompt you to erase all the songs inside and sync it with your new songs in the PC.....

1801:fuzzy:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I had no problems when I installed iTunes in my friend's pc. And I'm also surprised that I can't install iTunes in my PC now.

I'll go to Apple.com muna and follow redorange's suggestion.

Thanks guys!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Up ko lang po? Any other suggestions for a third party program wherein I can update my iPod?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    Up ko lang po? Any other suggestions for a third party program wherein I can update my iPod?
    Dami pwede!

yamipod (linux, windows, osx)
    ephpod (linux, windows)
    gtkpod (linux)

Yamipod is nice because it's really small. You can put the executable file on your ipod so when you go to a computer without iTunes just run yamipod directly from your ipod. I put all three platform versions on so I can load mp3s from just about any pc.

If you're not comfortable with 3rd party software, just download the new version of iTunes from apple. Uninstall your old iTunes first to be safe.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/start/

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I already tried to install the new iTunes 7 but to no avail. Ayaw padin mag install. Let me try muna yung yamipod. Thanks sir!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    I already tried to install the new iTunes 7 but to no avail. Ayaw padin mag install. Let me try muna yung yamipod. Thanks sir!
    What is the message you are getting when you try to install iTunes?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i use XPlay... works on both iPod Nano and 30g Video (as tested).. very easy to use, simple drag and drop lang..

eversince i used this, di ko ginamit ulit iTunes...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Yamipod is nice because it's really small. You can put the executable file on your ipod so when you go to a computer without iTunes just run yamipod directly from your ipod. I put all three platform versions on so I can load mp3s from just about any pc.
    thx for the tip! using YamiPod now. :superman:

Problem in Installing iTunes