New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are times when I'm renaming or deleting a file or folder in Explorer, I'll get an error message saying that the file/folder is being used by another person or program, hence I cannot rename/delete the file/folder. But after a few seconds, I can rename/delete it without the error message.

Is this caused by a virus or spyware/malware? Or is someone sneaking into my computer via the internet? I'm using a router and I have firewall installed.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... parang virus nga yan boybi.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Not necessarily someone's sneaking in your computer. Usually this problem can be fixed by rebooting. This happens to me all the time. But you can also fix this without rebooting.

Make sure that you are using Admin acct. Then you can stop this in the Task Manager (you can use Help of Task Manager). Then run disk check and if you don't have it down load registry repair software. Run both.

Or use this one

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sometimes the system is getting the properties of the file or folder during your delete operation. Wait a minute and then try again. If it still gives you trouble, restart Windows and try again.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks chilli! Ayos yang unlocker.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Thanks chilli! Ayos yang unlocker.
    No worries. Been using that kasi i always encounter this problem. Tamad ako mag reboot eh

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sharing violation lang yan, it just means an application flagged the file as being accessed kaya bawal i-delete. baka naipit lang yung process ng last application na gamit mo if you recently opened the file. minsan naman yung Windows Explorer mismo ang nagfa-flag sa file if it's trying to get the file's preview/thumbnail (if its an image or movie) or its details (size, type, date modified, etc).

edit: what i used to do is restart Windows Explorer or forcibly terminate the previous application's process. if you shutdown the Windows Explorer process automatic naman sya start up ulit. ganun lang nangyayari pag nare-reboot kayo. ;)
    Last edited by roninblade; April 1st, 2008 at 06:09 PM.

Problem with File Exporer