New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hi guys! Just want to ask if there is a way to unlock cellphones tied to a network? I don't know how this is done... will I need software or do I just type in a code in my cellphone?

The reason is I'm out of the country and the place I'm in doesn't support my carrier(SUN). My mistake is I checked if I do have a partner carrier here (AT&T/Cingular) but didn't ask if it was a GSM network (argh!). I can't detect it!

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    possible, what celphone do you have?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh0027
    Hi guys! Just want to ask if there is a way to unlock cellphones tied to a network? I don't know how this is done... will I need software or do I just type in a code in my cellphone?

The reason is I'm out of the country and the place I'm in doesn't support my carrier(SUN). My mistake is I checked if I do have a partner carrier here (AT&T/Cingular) but didn't ask if it was a GSM network (argh!). I can't detect it!

Thanks in advance!
    AT&T/Cingular are both using GSM network, as well as T-Mobile.

Most Nokia can be unlocked remotely. the only Nokia that I know of which cannot be unlocked remotely or by cable is the 6630.

www.remotecellphoneunlocking.com for $3.00

Remote Unlocking is done by calculating your IMEI.

Speaking of which, I will be sending my brother's 6230 tied to Smart on monday to unlock it via cable. The cost would be $35.00 shipped to and from the person unlocking it.

I had the chance to unlock his 6230 but used the wrong Code Type several times. After 5 times, the unit can only be unlocked using data cable.

I used the SmartCalc Pro software

HTH

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i tried to unlock my 8800 manually before. make sure you DO NOT make a mistake 5 or 6 times i believe or the IMEI unlocking won't work even if it's correct. (a mistake i did myself).
    had to bring it to ghills when during a trip to manila to fix it.
    you don't have to pay for the remote unlocking actually. if you are persistent enough, you will find free versions of the software the payed one's use.

*** and make sure you know what your phone is using ***
    i.e. DCT3 or DCT 4 for Nokia's...
    the rest i'm not sure.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kindly go to www.ebuyncell.com for more mobile phone / technology discussions.

here's the mobile phone unlocking / open line thread:

http://www.ebuyncell.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600

Is it possible to manually unlock cellphone from home network???