New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just curious, is it possible to run Windows 7 OS in the Apple Macbook Air as it's primary OS without any issues with hardware drivers, etc?

Apple Macbook Air
    11-inch : 64GB
    • 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
    processor
    • 2GB memory
    • 64GB flash storage1
    • Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Connections and Expansion
    USB 2.0, Thunderbolt, headphone port, MagSafe power port

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    yup.. its very possible...
    my wife has an apple air.. but download the required drivers first from the "bootcamp assist" app at the utilities window...

if you want windows as your primary OS... go to system preferences... start up disk then click windows icon then target disk mode...

hope this helps....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    siguro! seen one of our SAP consultants sporting a Mac with windows OS....

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yes, you can install Parrallel Application first followed by Windows OS.
    After that you can open both OSX and Windows together, its like opening another application only.
    I'm currently using Macbook Pro with Parrallel 6 - Windows 7.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Just curious, is it possible to run Windows 7 OS in the Apple Macbook Air as it's primary OS without any issues with hardware drivers, etc?
    as the others said, it's very possible. but you need to download and install the bootcamp drivers for Windows to be able to use the function keys properly. I myself boot up Windows 7 from time to time on my MBP to play some of my steam games.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    this is possible, but you wouldn't want to do this. bootcamp tends to make your mac run hotter and slower and possibly get viruses. this is okay if you just want to play games with it (but there's the heating issue), but i suggest you still us OS for the internet (this gives you a better browsing experience anyway). if you want to use windows as your primary OS, better get a windows-based laptop and get a higher spec'd one for the same price

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    this is possible, but you wouldn't want to do this. bootcamp tends to make your mac run hotter and slower and possibly get viruses. this is okay if you just want to play games with it (but there's the heating issue), but i suggest you still us OS for the internet (this gives you a better browsing experience anyway). if you want to use windows as your primary OS, better get a windows-based laptop and get a higher spec'd one for the same price
    why not? i've been running a Windows 7 Ultimate via bootcamp in my 15" MBP since march and i'm a happy camper
    It won't make your mac to run slower or hotter;as long as the needed drivers are installed prior to fully using Windows.

As for the viruses, it is possible to have virus on your Windows partition if you aren't careful, but it won't affect the OS X system as the virus is only written and can be read by Window applications/files.

If i'm not mistaken, you can permanently boot in Windows upon startup. You just have to tweak some settings via bootcamp assistant which I haven't tried yet.

Best bet would be to install Parallels or VMWare fusion in your OS X. This will enable you to use Windows without leaving OS X system (though mac will only allow you 1gb of RAM for Windows use)

OT: my SIL have been using her 13" mbp ever since with a Windows XP

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    why not? i've been running a Windows 7 Ultimate via bootcamp in my 15" MBP since march and i'm a happy camper
    It won't make your mac to run slower or hotter;as long as the needed drivers are installed prior to fully using Windows.

As for the viruses, it is possible to have virus on your Windows partition if you aren't careful, but it won't affect the OS X system as the virus is only written and can be read by Window applications/files.

If i'm not mistaken, you can permanently boot in Windows upon startup. You just have to tweak some settings via bootcamp assistant which I haven't tried yet.

Best bet would be to install Parallels or VMWare fusion in your OS X. This will enable you to use Windows without leaving OS X system (though mac will only allow you 1gb of RAM for Windows use)

OT: my SIL have been using her 13" mbp ever since with a Windows XP
    i guess medyo purist lang ako. i just noticed this with our office sales force, almost all ran winxp via bootcamp on their first gen macbook blacks. almost all of them now are conking out (hanging, operations restarting/failing etc). this is something i never experienced with my macbook that ran only OS after about 6 years of use

Is it possible? Apple Macbook Air with Windows7 OS?