New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Is it really possible to configure one port to allow multiple connections on smartbro's canopy? I talked to the tech peeps of smartbro, and yes, they have no idea about it. paano ba set-up ng smartbro? from antenna going to base station (cellsite), from cellsite, how do they connect on the internet? The IP address of their antenna is 192.168.252, seems like their using a gateway or router.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba yang port forwarding?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Ano ba yang port forwarding?
    IMO, you're allowing other computers to connect on your computer even if it's on private LAN. It is important especially, when you're downloading a *******. pampabilis kung baga! though there is always a risk.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Namamaximize ko naman yung bandwidth when downloading *******s using SmartBro. I can download at a speed of 48KB/s using *******.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Smartbro ka pala, hmm.. dun ba sa ******* mo meron peers na tab? makikita mo dun yung IP, kbps/DN, kbps/UP and Initiation? dun sa initiation pag nagdodownload ka, meron ka nakikita na "remote" aside from "local"?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GmZ View Post
    Is it really possible to configure one port to allow multiple connections on smartbro's canopy? I talked to the tech peeps of smartbro, and yes, they have no idea about it. paano ba set-up ng smartbro? from antenna going to base station (cellsite), from cellsite, how do they connect on the internet? The IP address of their antenna is 192.168.252, seems like their using a gateway or router.
    My answer there is it depends on what canopy you're using, mine is the old one that you may access by changing your IP address next to the IP address of your canopy. Canopy is a bridge that pointed to Smart Based Station closed to your home or site where our SmartBro installed, since you may access the old canopy or the bridge, you may change 3 sectors of Smart Based Stations A, B or C. What I'm doing there is if my sector A is down I will change it to B or C and my connection will be up again. Sometimes kasi na di disalign yung canopy due to strong wind eh so you have to find the right sector that will give you good connection.

There is only one cable connected to one Canopy so you can't do multiple connections unless you will use a Router, if the Based Station is down you can't do anything than to wait, call the *1888 and ask for a rebate!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mvillena View Post
    My answer there is it depends on what canopy you're using, mine is the old one that you may access by changing your IP address next to the IP address of your canopy. Canopy is a bridge that pointed to Smart Based Station closed to your home or site where our SmartBro installed, since you may access the old canopy or the bridge, you may change 3 sectors of Smart Based Stations A, B or C. What I'm doing there is if my sector A is down I will change it to B or C and my connection will be up again. Sometimes kasi na di disalign yung canopy due to strong wind eh so you have to find the right sector that will give you good connection.

There is only one cable connected to one Canopy so you can't do multiple connections unless you will use a Router, if the Based Station is down you can't do anything than to wait, call the *1888 and ask for a rebate!
    im using a Dlink router. btw, im using a canopy lite 5.7ghz mulitpoint subscriber modem. how do i change the sector? I can also access the canopy config page. i also have goood connection. yun lang naman opening ng port ang gusto ko malaman kung paano eh. and I think engineer na makakagawa nun since they are behind the routers.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GmZ View Post
    Smartbro ka pala, hmm.. dun ba sa ******* mo meron peers na tab? makikita mo dun yung IP, kbps/DN, kbps/UP and Initiation? dun sa initiation pag nagdodownload ka, meron ka nakikita na "remote" aside from "local"?
    Itong desktop ko ang may ******* and naka PLDT DSL ito. After my downloads, try ko i-switch sa SmartBro itong desktop para i-check ko yung mga sinasabi mo.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Itong desktop ko ang may ******* and naka PLDT DSL ito. After my downloads, try ko i-switch sa SmartBro itong desktop para i-check ko yung mga sinasabi mo.
    ok thanks. pero meron initiation tab? hindi kasi ako familiar sa interface ng ******* eh. sa ******** kasi meron, pero pareho naman ata sila ng interface eh. download din ako.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, meron initiation tab. Dito sa PLDT DSL, meron mga REMOTE at LOCAL. Ano ibig sabihin nyan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Portforward, is it possible to SmartBro's wireless canopy?