New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do You Have a Landline Phone?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 92.00%
  • No

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Not the mobile or wireless landline. I mean the traditional landline phone with the line attached to the wall.

My friend at work told me very few homes have landline now. He even said it is not needed anymore because of mobile and wireless landline phones.

BUT I realized that I can live without a landline. I hung our phone for more than a week now and my Mom only had one call from her friend that our landline was not working

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    We still have landline on our home.

Kahit may cellphone na kami (even my parents), we still use it especially kapag long distance (P10 flat rate ang long distance calls, PLDT to PLDT or Smart). And to call utilities like PLDT, Maynilad, credit cards, cable, and the like.

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I still have, but its rarely used for outgoing calls (Bulacan na kasi kami) puro incoming lang, except to PLDT techsupport. It comes with the internet DSL line.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Yes we do but rarely used. Bundled din kasi sa DSL or Fiber.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah we still do cause we have one for our DSL subscription. And some people still ask for one so its good to have one.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Stupid question, it's not possible to have DSL without a landline?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Wired internet is still better than wireless. Most wired internet packages are bundled with landline or having landline is almost free with wired internet.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Mula nung bumagsak ang kita ng PLDT last year, nagising na sila sa katotohanan na they need to unbundle the landline and internet to be competitive

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Stupid question, it's not possible to have DSL without a landline?
    You mean just the internet with out the fone? Not sure in the Philippines but when i was in Japan you can get the internet (wired connection) without the fone subscription (cheaper). But in the Philippines, bundled na siya eh, and its not much expensive anyway.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    We still have ours. My mom just uses it to call her friends, & for ordering food. Paying around P800+ for it, thinking of having it cut na.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast