New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Is there a decent Android phone below P5k? It will only be used for text, calls and viber. I prefer Samsung. My Mom makes a lot of calls abroad and I figured it will be cheaper for her to call through Viber. The phone has to be extremely user friendly. My Mom just learned how to text in her Nokia phone

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny_Lane View Post
    Is there a decent Android phone below P5k? It will only be used for text, calls and viber. I prefer Samsung. My Mom makes a lot of calls abroad and I figured it will be cheaper for her to call through Viber. The phone has to be extremely user friendly. My Mom just learned how to text in her Nokia phone
    Galaxy y or pocket.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Samsung champ? I think nasa 5K un. pero parang hindi ata android.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Cherry mobile, myphone, alcatel

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cherry mobile, star mobile, myphone.
    *Retz, hindi android ang samsung champ.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I need to increase my budget pala. What's a bang for the buck android phone. Ideally will not go above 10k.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    cherry mobile flare 4500 lang, dual core at dual sim na, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ang o.s

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

No can do... I tried giving my mom a Samsung Galaxy Y smartphone. After four and a half months of trying, we both gave up and she went back using her Nokia phone.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I need to increase my budget pala. What's a bang for the buck android phone. Ideally will not go above 10k.
    Try the top-of-the-line ZTE V970 phone, amazing specs and performance (Dual core 1GHz processor, Android 4.0 upgradeable to 4.1, 4G ROM) at reasonable price, plus comes with Dolby stereo sound - P5999
    Bought this for my daughter. Really bang for the buck among others.

If you want much bigger screen (5-inch with HD resolution) and best specs (Dual core 1GHz processor, Android 4.1, 12MP cam, DragonTrail Glass scratch-resistant screen) for your budget, Cherry Omega HD - P7999
    Starmobile has an equivalent of Cherry Omega HD - P9999

If you want reliable and mature brand, great screen, many service centers, many accessories available, Samsung S-DUOS - P9300

All of these are Android and Dual-SIM (one is 3G capable, the second is 2G only).

Tell us what you buy in the end. Good luck!
    Last edited by ano727; April 29th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Are there any cheap Android phones for less than P5k?

I don't know much about phone technology but I am thinking of getting an Android phone since I am not sure if an old phone will work in countries abroad? I need to buy a local prepaid sim abroad kasi. Baka puro microsim na and my phone is an E72 which uses a normal sim?

Samsung Galaxy Y (Hello Kitty) goes for P4990 at Widgetcity. Please recommend a physical store in Makati or GH where I could buy a phone.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 12th, 2013 at 01:09 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast