New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I registered in 2 blogsites - i.ph and google blogspot. I will just maintain one and drop the other. Of the 2, which is better? Or, please recommend the best blogsite.

:toma: 2989

Hi there J_avonni! I'm Peter "Adam Mordo" Juan, I.PH's product manager.

To answer your question, it really depends on what you're looking for. We at I.PH for instance focused on privacy features and easy customization so that our users can concentrate their efforts on putting up their content. Blogspot lets you choose from several templates, but to personalize a template, you'll need to mess a bit with HTML. On the other hand, I.PH will let you personalize your template, such as changing the header or background image, through simple point and click. On the matter of privacy, you can designate who gets to see or access which blog article, photo or audio file, regardless of whether the person you're giving access to is on I.PH or not. You can also create your own privileged groups so that you can assign which groups can see private items in your blog. Cool eh?

So take it out for a spin. I'm sure you'll find a lot of features to your liking. Drop me a line if you have any questions. Catch you soon!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Blogspot has several KILLER FEATURES which nobody else has.

1. Integration with Picasa.

If you are using Google's Picasa application for organizing your photos (and everyone should! it's free and obviates the need for Photoshop 90% of the time), then you also have 1GB of online storage for your photos via PicasaWeb.

PicasaWeb is like Flickr, but with the added benefit of seamless integration with Picasa. Just select the photos in Picasa which you want to upload, press Web Album and voila instant web album. No need for futzing around uploading images one by one.

Blogspot/blogger now uses Picasa for image storage. So personally, I no longer bother to upload images to my Blogger account, I just upload them with Picasa and link to them.

As I'm an amateur photographer, this feature is very important to me.

2. Seamless integration with Adsense. Money! money! money. Well I don't get any money from Adsense, but...

3. Backed by a huge company with a huge computing grid and lots of disk space. Very important as compared to a local company which may not necessarily be around in a few years.

http://orlygoingthirty.blogspot.com/

Google is undoubtedly a powerhouse. I won't argue that. That is not to say however that a local blogging service like I.PH is automatically inferior. I.PH's photo gallery is pretty impressive in its own right and has a few tricks up its sleeve too. For instance, all pics in your I.PH photo gallery can be used to personalize your blog with just a few clicks of your mouse. You can also fine tune the privacy settings of your pics to specify who can see which photos, no passwords needed. Aside from a photo gallery, you also get an integrated audio gallery which makes podcasting extremely easy.

I.PH offers easy adsense integration as well, for both free and paid accounts. It's also easy to specify where you want the ads to appear on your blog. That part of the layout is drag and drop.

I.PH is an innovation from DotPH, the Philippine Domain Registry. Our servers are the hub of the Philippine Internet Domain Name System and we are one of the first registries worldwide to implement a Shared Registry System, which allowed for realtime domain search, registration and management 24/7. We've been in the internet game since 1989 and we're definitely here to stay.

Peter "Adam Mordo" Juan
    Last edited by Adam Mordo; June 21st, 2007 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Just added my name and a link to my blog

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Oh so you guys are with dotPH.

Sherwin still there?

I wonder if Joel still remembers me, I almost went to work for him a decade ago.

I'll stick with Google, thank you.

That we we are sir. And yes, Sherwin's still with us. You know each other? I'll mention we had this exchange when he comes in later.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks Peter and Orly for your inputs. I'd really like to have 2 blogs. Because of limited time to blog though, I can maintain one only. Since my nickname is still available in i.ph, I decided to continue the i.ph blog in the meantime and just reserved the blogspot. If there's time, I'd explore blogspot and compare with i.ph. BTW, this is my blog: http://tom.i.ph (Think Of Me!)

To Peter: Welcome to tsikot!

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3047[/SIZE]

Please recommend a blogsite