New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    I find it misleading that the internet service providers use "mbps(megabits per second)" when file sizes in the internet are in MB/megabyte.
    In isp world. Mbps talaga ang critetia. Even the link to upstream US or any other area, mbps. Even the point to point links for offices, mbps.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    I find it misleading that the internet service providers use "mbps(megabits per second)" when file sizes in the internet are in MB/megabyte.
    Here's the best simple response for that...

Network speeds were measured in bits per second long before the internet came about

Back in the 1970s modems were 300 bits per second. In the 80s there was 10 Mbps Ethernet. In the early 90s there were 2400 bits per second (bps) modems eventually hitting 56 kbps modems. ISDN lines were 64kbps. T1 lines were 1.54 Mbps.

As the internet has evolved, the bits per second has remained. It has nothing to do with marketing. I assume it started as bits per second because networks only worry about successful transmission of bits, where as hard drives need full bytes to make sense of the data.
    From: Why do we measure internet speed in Megabits per second, and not Megabytes per second? : explainlikeimfive

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I have 3MBPs bundled with my cable TV at home. I can access Netflix, play PS Online, plus the usual phone browsing.
    We had a 3mbps upgraded to 5 now, we are 3 users, we can do 2 users watching YouTube and the other downloading all at the same time, most of the time. Of course we observe our daily data cap but we have never experienced being throttled down

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    In isp world. Mbps talaga ang critetia. Even the link to upstream US or any other area, mbps. Even the point to point links for offices, mbps.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

I see. Thank you for the enlightenment.
    Siguro nakadagdag pa sa pagkalito ko yung pareho ang tunog nila..mbps at MBps.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sa akin nga sobrang mahal ng bayad up to 5mbps lang 2,912 pesos kada buwan bayad ko pLdt

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    sa akin nga sobrang mahal ng bayad up to 5mbps lang 2,912 pesos kada buwan bayad ko pLdt
    under dsl plan? switch to their fiber plan 1899 25mbps if fiber is already available in your area.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anong plan yan? Kalokohan naman yan manloloko na pldt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Alam ko sa fibr minimum 20 mbps

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Sme business ba yan?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    As recent as less than a year ago, we were paying 3+k per month for a 15 mbps DSL line (10 mbps actual speed due to cable noise and distance).

As soon as Fibr became available in our area, we switched to Fibr Plan 2,899 with 100mbps. On a good day, we're getting close to 150mbps down and 200mbps up.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast