New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Since wala pang "Converge" sa area namin and PLDT is very aggressive with their promos in our place I'm considering getting their 1,299 pesos/month 5 mbps "no cashout" promo. Question is, is this good enough for, say 3-4 people with just browsing activities ? but of course with occassional movie download...?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    Since wala pang "Converge" sa area namin and PLDT is very aggressive with their promos in our place I'm considering getting their 1,299 pesos/month 5 mbps "no cashout" promo. Question is, is this good enough for, say 3-4 people with just browsing activities ? but of course with occassional movie download...?
    Bitin yan...20mbps minimum if possible...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I would recommend at least 10mbps - [at least 2mbps per person] bro..., especially with occasional movie download.

One of our kids has 5mbps by himself and he's "complaining"...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Short answer no.
    But if in a pinch, pwede na. Gamitan mo na lang ng router na may qos capability para controlled ang sharing in the household.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sayang lang pera mo. Dagdag ka na lang ng monthly and go for the 20 or 25 Mbps.

You're gone be locked-in anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hawa talaga iyang mga ISPs...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Nakow, bandwidth is highly subjective. If strictly browsing lang (text and pictures), 5 mbps is ok.

But who actually does "browsing-only" activities when every few seconds, you end up watching a YouTube video or some sort of video streaming embedded in social media?

It also depends on what kind and how many devices you own. PS4? They're known to download game updates on their own and that will eat up your bandwidth quickly to the point of it being unusable to other users. You have a Steam account? A bandwidth hog as well.

How about movie streaming.... 5 mbps could probably support 1 HD stream.

Bottom line, bandwidth is all about user experience.... the higher, the better. You can still do a lot of things with 5 mbps, but be prepared to have poor user experience depending on your household's internet consumption.

Anyway, try using this simple bandwidth calculator. It's not by any means accurate but it will at least tell you what your average internet bandwidth should be.

Bandwidth Calculator: How Much Internet Speed Do I Need?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have 3MBPs bundled with my cable TV at home. I can access Netflix, play PS Online, plus the usual phone browsing.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Nakow, bandwidth is highly subjective. If strictly browsing lang (text and pictures), 5 mbps is ok.

But who actually does "browsing-only" activities when every few seconds, you end up watching a YouTube video or some sort of video streaming embedded in social media?

It also depends on what kind and how many devices you own. PS4? They're known to download game updates on their own and that will eat up your bandwidth quickly to the point of it being unusable to other users. You have a Steam account? A bandwidth hog as well.

How about movie streaming.... 5 mbps could probably support 1 HD stream.

Bottom line, bandwidth is all about user experience.... the higher, the better. You can still do a lot of things with 5 mbps, but be prepared to have poor user experience depending on your household's internet consumption.

Anyway, try using this simple bandwidth calculator. It's not by any means accurate but it will at least tell you what your average internet bandwidth should be.

Bandwidth Calculator: How Much Internet Speed Do I Need?
    Akin 54mbps daw....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    I find it misleading that the internet service providers use "mbps(megabits per second)" when file sizes in the internet are in MB/megabyte.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast