New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sino na sa mga tsikoteers ang meron? Review naman dyan

Initial news states that it's a seven inch tablet with capacitive touch screen, 2mp camera, running on Google's Android 2.2 Froyo. Inside is 1ghz cortex A8 processor and a 2 gig of internal storage.

Nothing was mentioned on the type of screen (TFT, AMOLED etc.) and its resolution. This part maybe the deal breaker.

Available for a monthly subscription plan of P1,850/mo. Bundled with 1mbps unlimited Internet and landline service.

http://losttsinelas.blogspot.com/201...dt-telpad.html
    Last edited by Asus700; December 14th, 2010 at 02:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    First time to hear about this, and it is very interesting. Wala man lang mismo sa PLDT site for information about this?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    What's your take on this Ghosthunter?

Looks cool. For existing pldt dsl subscriber, they will add P500 to their monthly fee and they can take home the tablet. Lock in period is 3 years.

Anybody can furnish info on warranty period, screen display, battery life and performance of the A8 chip?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    They seem to have sourced the unit.

http://andytechnology.com/AD-1000%20Catalog.pdf

Anyway, it's not a bad deal for 500 additional a month for 36 months. It doesn't have 3G, but so do a few other pure multimedia tablets out there today. It's like getting an iPad Wi-Fi for cheaper. Plus it's Android, which you'll either like or dislike heheheh.

On paper, it seems to be plenty powerful. I just hope the screen is up to par - and that PLDT doesn't lock some of the tablet's features. And I sure hope it uses bone-stock Froyo!!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    What are the features of this telpad? Same as iPad?

Is there a one-off fee for the telpad itself?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    What's your take on this Ghosthunter?

Looks cool. For existing pldt dsl subscriber, they will add P500 to their monthly fee and they can take home the tablet. Lock in period is 3 years.

Anybody can furnish info on warranty period, screen display, battery life and performance of the A8 chip?
    I dunno. I haven;t tried it myself so I can't really give a good comment on it. But for P18,000 (P500 x 36 months), I would rather buy an ultra mobile PC (not netbook).

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    It's similar to Viewsonic's Viewpad 70, more than anything.

Screen size is 7" - same as the aforementioned tablet and the Galaxy Tab. Similar to the iPad and Gtab, it has a 1GHz processor (though the differences between A4/A8/Hummingbird dispels this similarity).

But yes, aside from the screen real estate difference, it's similar to the iPad Wi-Fi. No sim-card slot, no 3G. And the OS is Android 2.2 btw.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Its got:

1. USB Host 2.0 (connect hard drives and USB memory sticks to this)
    2. Mini USB
    3. SD Card Slot
    4. Front Facing 3 Mega Pixel Camera
    5. 2 GB On-board RAM
    6. Same graphics processor as Galaxy S Phone
    7. Wifi b/g/n
    8. HDMI Output yes it has this. Divx Xvid MPEG 4 and H264 support. Output up to 1080p.
    9. Cradle with a serial port and charging port to connect it to the phone extension
    10. Bundled Apps
    11. Froyo 2.2 Android
    12. LCD is standard 800 x 480 . Its not super LCD nor AMOLED. but im sure they have to keep the price down to offer it. It is capacitive multi-touch.
    13. Thing is ..... if you are an existing DSL customer, they give this to you for P500 a month AND BUMP up your existing speed by HALF a MEG. So if you are 1mbps now you will be 1.5. If 2 now then 2.5 mbps. If you are a BUNDLED subscriber then your minimum speed is automatically raised to 1 MBPs. This thing is killer. The pad is good but the permanent speed bump is fantastic.
    14. No upfront payment. No Installation Fees if you are upgrading. Just sign up and bring it home. And enjoy faster overall internet speeds too.

And no, PLDT did not source the unit. They co-designed it with a Filipino R&D company called Neugent Technologies. That ANDY AD-1000 link is just Neugent re-selling it to other foreign carriers. But the R&D, Spec, Design was done with PLDT. This is PLDTs baby alright. Props to them. How do I know this? Secret....

A tablet for the masses. Thats a good thing. I have an iPad but I wont mind having one or two of these as well.

No upfront payment. Full warranty support from PLDT. Faster DSL connection.

Given the package (increase in download speed & tablet), I think the price is good. But the problem with PLDT DSL is the speed is not a guarantee of actual bandwidth.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm sold. Are they available now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PLDT Telpad, sino na meron?