New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Any subscribers here? We're planning to get one for a remote office here at work.

My understanding is that, if i apply for one here in Manila, and then i bring that phone to, say Davao:

- any calls i receive from a Manila number will be considered a local call;
    - any calls i make to a Manila number will be considered a local call
    - any calls i receive from a Davao local number i receive will be charged long distance
    - any calls i make to a Davao local number will be considered long distance(since technically i'm calling from a Manila number)

Am a little confused by this bit of info on the FAQ:

Can I use the PLDT Landline Plus anywhere there is a PLDT signal?
    The service is locked within the local area where you have applied. The service will only function in a pre-defined coverage area e.g. Metro Manila SIM will only work within Metro Manila. For example, you applied for a landline in Metro Manila, you can bring and use your landline anywhere within Metro Manila since this is your local area.

What happens if I bring my unit outside my Local Area?
    Although the unit will be able to pick-up a signal, the local calling service will not be available and the user will not be able to make and receive calls. The local calling service will be available as soon as the unit is brought back to the local area where it was activated. If you have subscribed to a mobile internet service, you can use the internet service anywhere in the Philippines, nationwide.
    This is contrary to my personal experience, as well as the response i got from PLDT support

2. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Have you considered Globe duo?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Nope not yet sir

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Apparently there's landline plus, then there's Call All -- the latter is the one that lets you call anywhere.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I may be too late, but I have one on my s7e dual sim. With it I can call and get calls to and from pldt land lines and other land line plus numbers from the same area code (02 for Metro Manila). Doesn't matter if I am in another area as long as there is a signal. If memory serves, calls to other PLDT area codes can be activated as an option, and the rate is Php1/minute.

Globe duo might be a better option but I don't know much about it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Im using PLDT LL+ sim card, p250/month add-on to your regular landline. It uses Smart signal wherever you are in the Philippines. Unli call TO any manila telephone line wherever you are in the Philippines. Unli call FROM any manila line wherever you are in the Philippines. Meron na sya NDD charge if you call TO other area code. Meron na rin sya NDD charge if they call you FROM another area code.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Any subscribers here? We're planning to get one for a remote office here at work.

My understanding is that, if i apply for one here in Manila, and then i bring that phone to, say Davao:

- any calls i receive from a Manila number will be considered a local call;
    - any calls i make to a Manila number will be considered a local call
    - any calls i receive from a Davao local number i receive will be charged long distance
    - any calls i make to a Davao local number will be considered long distance(since technically i'm calling from a Manila number)

Am a little confused by this bit of info on the FAQ:

This is contrary to my personal experience, as well as the response i got from PLDT support
    I've been using one for the last 5 years more or less. Yes to all you stated above. Basically it's a Manila line (or the local area where the base landline is located) on wheels.

Landline+, it's like an extension of an existing pldt (wired) landline (you will be assigned a different number though). Usable all over Pinas.

CallAll. It's a different line, usable only where it is registered.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Thanks for the replies. Actually i was asking on behalf of the office, we were thinking about using this for our Tagaytay office. i managed to borrow one for testing, sadly medyo choppy ang dating. Medyo remote yung area

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    have been using this as well for so many years now; very useful for calling 1800 numbers (which is not free with other providers). ok rin when having to call banks manila numbers when out of town