New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Which would you choose and what's your personal experience on both/either:
    A. PLDT DSL
    B. SkyCable Broadband

To make it more comparable, I'm considering their respective P2k worth of plans:
    PLDT DSL 8Mbps vs SkyCable Broadband 16Mbps

Which would perform better? Will need it for condo by the way.

Thanks everyone.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I preder skycable. Their service is also very good.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Which would you choose and what's your personal experience on both/either:
    A. PLDT DSL
    B. SkyCable Broadband

To make it more comparable, I'm considering their respective P2k worth of plans:
    PLDT DSL 8Mbps vs SkyCable Broadband 16Mbps

Which would perform better? Will need it for condo by the way.

Thanks everyone.
    if i may... ask your condo neighbors what they are using, and if they are satisfied.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    I think this depends on your area, so +1 for dr. d's suggestion to ask your neighbors.

We were with PLDT for a few years then switched to Sky Broadband, because they had a better Internet plan for the same amount. After a year or so, we're now considering going back to PLDT because Sky Internet is just not reliable.

Opposite experience naman sa iba kong kilala na naka-Sky. Much better than PLDT daw. This good feedback is part of the reason why we switched in the first place.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if i may... ask your condo neighbors what they are using, and if they are satisfied.
    Guy can also call skycable if their condo is skycable ready. Normally all condos are ready for skycable though.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If available in your area, Globe Fiber is only a little bit more at 2500. PLDT Fibr is 2900.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for all your inputs.

Yes, good idea to check with the neighbors. I'll do that. Condo is in Ortigas CBD.

Already available is PLDT DSL and SkyCable Broadband, hence my choices. Globe and PLDT fiber is not yet available.

My personal experience for other locations:
    - SkyCable (TV cable) hands down has MUCH MUCH better after sales service. They respond quickly.
    - I rank PLDT as probably the worst ever in customer helpdesk as their hotline keeps you waiting for so long on pre-recorded messages before a customer service picks up your call.
    - Am quite satisfied with PLDT 5Mbps performance.
    - I don't have experience so far of SkyBroadband

- In Singapore, my experience of using DSL (Singtel) was better and more reliable than Cable Broadband (Starhub).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    we're in rosario, pasig and skybroadband was flatout garbage. di magamit from morning until mga 8pm. switched to pldt fibr after a few months and very good so far. my 3mb plan also got upgraded to 10mb already. they throttle t0rrent downloading though. pldt na din ako dati when i was still living w/ my parents (pasig din) and stable naman. not much experience with after-sales since bihira masira.

if you opt for sky, you might want to separate your cable and broadband subscription. ang gulo ng billing nung samin lalo na nung ipapacut na yung internet, gusto pabayaran yung termination fee pati ng cable kahit internet lang tatanggalin kasi daw naka bundle.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    what about PLDT fibr? is it safe to say na mabilis ito parati compared to dsl and cable internet?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sky offers a 30day free trial ...that was before. You can ask also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast