New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    This is how I discovered that I had a hidden pet in my laptop.

For many months I kept having problems with my internet connectivity. I would call PLDT dsl all the time to complain. This week a very capable pldt tech support guy came and check my connection, he used his laptop to connect to Http://www.speedtest.net his ping was 20 to 36ms and download speed 1.60 mbps. But on mine my ping was 560+ consistently but download speed was at 1.3 to 1.5 mbps. But was very unstable. I was ask to boot into safe mode, and low and behold my ping dropped to 20 to 30ms!!!

I tried everything to remove the Trojan/Virus but just couldn't figure it out. So I reformatted my drive and now everything is running so much faster.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The performance issues you're having has probably little to do with malware. Windows, over time, gets 'dirty'. In this state, services slows down, affecting network performance (among others). Rebooting in safe mode just makes Windows run in a skeletal state in which non-essential services and processes are skipped. Reinstalling Windows every year (in my case) proves to be a necessity to maintain acceptable performance. This is particularly true with Windows Vista and lower versions.

With Windows 7, it seems to retain its original performance state longer. My main PC has been on the same installation of Win7 for over 18 months with little perceivable performance loss.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Windows 7 is good. but OS Lion of Apple is better.

No wonder why windows always having problems in Malware Stuffs. while Apple does not.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The performance issues you're having has probably little to do with malware. Windows, over time, gets 'dirty'. In this state, services slows down, affecting network performance (among others). Rebooting in safe mode just makes Windows run in a skeletal state in which non-essential services and processes are skipped. Reinstalling Windows every year (in my case) proves to be a necessity to maintain acceptable performance. This is particularly true with Windows Vista and lower versions.

With Windows 7, it seems to retain its original performance state longer. My main PC has been on the same installation of Win7 for over 18 months with little perceivable performance loss.
    Constant reformatting is a pain the ass and futile. Madali lang i-maintain ang windows. Andaming free utilities available sa web. Gumamit ka ng free Avira antivirus instead of useless and expensive bloated ones like Norton or McAfee. I download mo rin Advanced Windows Care. Tsaka dapat din palagi i-defragment ang hard drive. There are lots of automatic defragmenters out there. Try going to majorgeeks.com At tanggalin niyo rin useless programs and apps na di niyo naman ginagamit.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikomac View Post
    Windows 7 is good. but OS Lion of Apple is better.

No wonder why windows always having problems in Malware Stuffs. while Apple does not.
    Well, 95% of the world uses Windows. Pag lumaki ang market share ng Apple, magiging target din ito ng mga hackers.

Pldt DSL & my Pet Trojan Virus