New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's my first time to download and use mkv video files. I used KMPlayer and I downloaded Lost S4 in 720p resolution. When I maximized the window in my 22" HD monitor (1680x1050), the video went blank. I can view it in its standard window (720p). And when I moved the window to my second monitor (17", 1280x1024), I can watch the video in maximized form. Is this a problem of my video card? That it can't output HD video greater than 720p?

Also, I can't hear the center channel (the sounds of the voices) of the video. Maybe I only have a 4.1 speaker, and my onboard sound is 5.1. How can I force the voice to output to my 2 front speakers? If I choose only the left or right channel on the player, I can hear the voice. But if I select both channels, no voice can be heard. So if I choose only the left or the right channel, does this mean I'm hearing only mono sound?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just used Media Player Classic and everything's working fine now.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Use can also use a vlc player.... Small file size but a wonder!... You can download this from the net....

5707:tumbleweed:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    It's my first time to download and use mkv video files. I used KMPlayer and I downloaded Lost S4 in 720p resolution. When I maximized the window in my 22" HD monitor (1680x1050), the video went blank. I can view it in its standard window (720p). And when I moved the window to my second monitor (17", 1280x1024), I can watch the video in maximized form. Is this a problem of my video card? That it can't output HD video greater than 720p?

Also, I can't hear the center channel (the sounds of the voices) of the video. Maybe I only have a 4.1 speaker, and my onboard sound is 5.1. How can I force the voice to output to my 2 front speakers? If I choose only the left or right channel on the player, I can hear the voice. But if I select both channels, no voice can be heard. So if I choose only the left or the right channel, does this mean I'm hearing only mono sound?
    your KMPlayer has something to do in your video overlay settings. and probably your O.S control panel audio out settings. since you already explored enough of KLM's audio out settings.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Use can also use a vlc player.... Small file size but a wonder!... You can download this from the net....

5707:tumbleweed:

+1.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

great player. plays almost any video without a problem.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    VLC is awesome as a player. But, don't use Playlist. That part of VLC is crash happy.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I tried VLC Player. It crashed Firefox. I can't open Firefox until I uninstalled VLC.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    weird, never happened to me before. must be a platform relate bug.

try installing vlc again then manually remove the vlc plugins from the firefox plugins directory. see if that fixes the problem.

or install vlc then reinstall firefox or upgrade to version 2.0.0.13 (if you haven't upgraded yet).

edit:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_cr...C_Media_Player
    plugin mentioned in this page is npvlc.dll

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I tried VLC Player. It crashed Firefox. I can't open Firefox until I uninstalled VLC.
    Never encountered this problem with VLC before. Try Media Player Classic instead. Or try uninstalling Firefox completely then reinstalling it again before reinstalling VLC.

Playing .mkv files