New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    is there a modchip that will not recognize self-made backup games? or even games dl from *******s?

nagugulohan kasi ako eh... bakit ok siya kung pirated peru ayaw niya sa burns ko.

I already used alcohol , dvd decrypter, Nero but ayaw parin... used Sony,Imation, Iomega at iba pang -R,+R brands na mula sa cdrking... 1x,2x,4x8x

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It might be because the mod chip might not support the game crack of your PS2 game. A solution would be to update the mod chip (if possible).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    how can this be po? the pirated seems ok. if I copy the pirated, hindi siya puwede. I tried playing the pirated to make the ps2 recognize, then eject the pirated > insert the burned copy, hindi parin puwede.

hindi kaya ito dahil the dvdr has blue surface? and the pirated has gold or silver?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    maraming klase kasi ng modchip para sa ps2. baka di supported ng modchip mo ung mga back-upped games.

alamin mo muna ung modchip ng ps2 mo, tas search mo sa net. kasi minsan may process pa minsan kung paano paganahin yan eh.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    burning PS2 games is not as simple as burning ordinary DVDs. Some games need codes integrated into the copying/decrypting process. others have special methods as traditional PS2 back-upping don't work at all. with your comment about using alcohol, and dvd decrypter, I'm sure that you are already familiar with this.

having said this, you are also right that the quality of the dvd-r may be responsible for the discs not playing. I have tried burning downloaded games before and some dvd-rs don't read well on my PS2 while others do.

A site that might help is forum.afterdawn.com. lots of useful info there on this topic.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    those brands I use are ok kasi in playing dvd movie in my ps2. though I have to press reset for 3 secs to play dvd movies or playstation 1 games.

and it does not recognize all games at all basta burned with dvdr, but ps1 in cdr seems ok.

my friend kasi said he made it work with those dvdr brands and software he use.

I want to avoid modifying if possile.

di ko kasi alam yung brand at version ng modchip ko. will I know if I open it?

kaka-inis kasi, walang matinong copy of Grandia III dito. the game hangs up somewhere in disc 2. there is a available game on *******s and I hope I can get it to work.
    Last edited by rion; November 5th, 2007 at 05:23 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    how can this be po? the pirated seems ok. if I copy the pirated, hindi siya puwede. I tried playing the pirated to make the ps2 recognize, then eject the pirated > insert the burned copy, hindi parin puwede.

hindi kaya ito dahil the dvdr has blue surface? and the pirated has gold or silver?
    you need to dump the data first to your hard disk and from there you need to transfer it to your blank DVD.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    * Rion,

it looks like na pareho tayo ng modchip. (dahil sa boot process) Apple ata tawag nila sa modchip na un. try doing froshie1's suggestion first.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    you need to dump the data first to your hard disk and from there you need to transfer it to your blank DVD.
    how do I do this po? please I need exact instructions. kakainis. yung Valkyrie Profile 2 ko, nagha-hang din... sobrang bitin... ganda panaman ng story.

playing Backup Playstaion 2 Games