New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a pioneer 42". i am extremely happy with it, and considering how low the price i got it for, i feel that it was one of the best consumer electronics purchases i have made.

however, i don't feel that it is all that much different in quality from Panasonic, Sony or (surprise) LG...i demo'd them all and they are pretty much equal in my eyes except that i got the Pio much cheaper and it has more features than the Panny

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    yan din ang dilemna ko ngayun, hard to decide between the two. another alternative (if you're not hanging the TV on the wall) would be projection TVs. i was just checking out the sony SXRDs, and for a price considerably less than LCDs and plasmas, you'll get equal or superior picture quality. projection TVs from mitsubishi, JVC, and especially samsung are almost as good.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    yan din ang dilemna ko ngayun, hard to decide between the two. another alternative (if you're not hanging the TV on the wall) would be projection TVs. i was just checking out the sony SXRDs, and for a price considerably less than LCDs and plasmas, you'll get equal or superior picture quality. projection TVs from mitsubishi, JVC, and especially samsung are almost as good.
    what's the life span of these new projection tvs? 5years lang ata noh? but even if you add purchases of bulbs for the projection tvs to last you for 15yrs. to equal life of a plasma or lcd mas mura pa rin projection tv....dilemna ko rin yan ngayon..I can get a 60" projection tv for the same price of a 32 or 42" lcd pero ang laki naman tapos wala masyadong difference sa pic quality (if you get a high megapixel na projection) astig ka pa dahil laki ng tv mo hahaha!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    somebody said it already, pero agree ako 100% with this rule of thumb - 50" or bigger, go plasma. 32" or smaller, go LCD.

LCD if playing games (minimize burn in) and plasma for better pic quality for HDTV or movies. medyo subjective tong rule of thumb na to but i found it to be true to my eyes...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm inclined to go with lcd tv's because some of the uses I've envisioned for them would be as monitors with computers hooked up to them. The tv cubicle in our (living room) entertainment center would also limit diagonal size to 37", maybe 40" (without speakers).

That said, we went to Best Buy earlier to look over some lcd tv's. The picture quality of the Sony Bravias look absolutely gorgeous with an unidentified Panasonic almost as good at a cheaper price.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by maop99 View Post
    what's the life span of these new projection tvs? 5years lang ata noh? but even if you add purchases of bulbs for the projection tvs to last you for 15yrs. to equal life of a plasma or lcd mas mura pa rin projection tv....dilemna ko rin yan ngayon..I can get a 60" projection tv for the same price of a 32 or 42" lcd pero ang laki naman tapos wala masyadong difference sa pic quality (if you get a high megapixel na projection) astig ka pa dahil laki ng tv mo hahaha!
    Sometimes they don't reach the expected lifespan. My sis in FL bought a Sony 60" less than a couple of years ago. It's not common, but she had the bulb/s replaced already. It's a good thing she took out an insurance on bulb replacements, which turned out be to cheaper for her. I guess my nephews and their 360/Wii are just too much for the TV ... plus my sister and her TFC.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    once OLEDs technology kicks in Plasma and LCD technology will slowly die. Sony has showcased it in the Electronics Consumer Show held in North America.

http://www.mercola.com/2007/jan/16/m...op-gadgets.htm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
plasma o lcd?