New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am planning to buy Canon Powershot SX40hs...

My current camera is a Canon Powershot SX210is. Basically it is a powerful point and shoot camera. Good for traveling and general photography. I am looking at going for a better camera, hence my thoughts about the SX40hs. I am planning to purchase it for product photos, car photos, events and other photos that I would like to have better quality shots.

I feel I have nearly pushed my current SX210is on it's limits.

The "cons" for the SX40hs (aside from the cost) is the size. It is about the size of a DSLR camera, which will make it a bit of a chore if I bring it traveling (which I will still prefer to bring my more compact SX210is).

The alternative is to "upgrade" to the Canon Powershot SX230hs which gives me some of the features (better image sensor, faster shooting, Digic5 image processor) but still the general photo quality would still be lower than with the SX40hs.

BTW, the Canon SX40hs is just under P20,000 from where I am planning to buy from.

Canon Powershot SX210is

Canon Powershot SX40hs

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    CANON S100 (12.1mp/nb5l) BLK/SLVR *****P 20750

Canon PowerShot S100 Review: Digital Photography Review

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although the S100 is a great camera with it's large sensor, Digic5 processor, etc..., it's limited in zoom (4x).

SX40hs gets 35x optical zoom plus 3x digital.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Ayaw mo ng dSLR GH?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Ayaw mo ng dSLR GH?
    I don't want to deal with changing lenses. Kaya choice ko yung super-zoom pro-consumer digicam.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    canon sx230 hs is GPS capable kung di naman importante sayo ang gps ok na din ang canon sx220 same feature with 230hs which is cheaper minus the gps, so far maganda ang reviews nito sa net ang ayaw ko lang ung pwesto ng flash pag nakaangat awkward na ang grip ng right hand sa camera, actually kabibili ko lang nito dito sa dubai last Sale Festival. kung mas type mo ung sx 40hs better buy a dslr camera..imo

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    magaganda na ngayon ang mga bagong labas na P&S cams. almost parang dslr na rin.
    good choice yan, GH.

anyways, do you know that a lot of dslr owners out there, na naka auto lang ang setting at parang p&s din yung unit nila?
    sayang....ang mahal, tapos naka-auto setting lang pala, at ayaw pag-aralan yung capabilities & features nung dslr nila.

may narinig nga ako, ginagawa raw na 'kuwintas" lang yung dslr........

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    may narinig nga ako, ginagawa raw na 'kuwintas" lang yung dslr........
    hahaha! madami ako nakikitang ganyan sa mall.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dinJ View Post
    hahaha! madami ako nakikitang ganyan sa mall.
    korek ka dyan bro.

parang pang-porma lang ba.
    pero sayang nga.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Maganda superzooms but tendency to deteriorate yung IQ kung naka the zoom out. Also mas prone to shake pagnaka zoom out ka.

The Panasonic Lumix FZ150 makes a critical improvement over its predecessor, the FZ100, to become arguably the best all-round super-zoom camera on the market today. The earlier FZ100 was already feature-packed with a great quality 24x zoom, articulated 3in screen, flash hotshoe, external microphone input, and RAW recording capabilities, but suffered from disappointing image quality. Now Panasonic has fitted a new 12 Mpixel CMOS sensor and the quality has improved by leaps and bounds. The new sensor also supports 1080p video and fast bursts of 12 frames at up to 12fps, along with a very usable 5.5fps option with AF. Enthusiasts and video-philes will happily trade the bigger zooms of rival models for the power and control of the FZ150.
    Pros: 24x zoom; RAW; 1080p movies; hotshoe; mic input.
    Cons: 24x is a shorter range than rival models.
    Overall: Arguably the best all-round super-zoom around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canon's PowerShot SX40 HS takes the earlier SX30 IS with its whopping 35x optical zoom and switches the 14 Megapixel CCD for a 12 Megapixel CMOS sensor. In tests this really does allow the SX40 HS to enjoy lower noise levels than before although the JPEG image quality is roughly similar to the Panasonic FZ150. The CMOS sensor also allows the SX40 HS to support 1080p video at 24p, a pair of slow motion modes at 120 and 240fps, and fast continuous shooting bursts of eight frames at 10.3fps. The screen is fairly average at just 2.7in / 230k and the SX40 HS is also looking out-featured by the Panasonic FZ150, but there's no denying the draw of a 35x optical zoom range which is equivalent to 24-840mm. If having the maximum zoom range is most important to you, then it's a great choice, but again do compare closely with the Panasonic FZ150.
    Pros: 35x zoom; articulated screen; flash hotshoe; 1080p video.
    Cons: No RAW recording; average screen.
    Overall: A great choice for those who value the biggest zooms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
planning to buy Canon Powershot SX40hs...