New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    My thinking is, for any establishment that wants people to use their WiFi, they would most likely offer 2.4Ghz, as only flagship/near-flagship phones are dual band.

From your experiences, is 5Ghz WiFi starting to become the norm here in PH? How about other countries? Baka OC lang ako, i think i've only used a 5Ghz WiFi only once or twice in the past few years.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    My thinking is, for any establishment that wants people to use their WiFi, they would most likely offer 2.4Ghz, as only flagship/near-flagship phones are dual band.

From your experiences, is 5Ghz WiFi starting to become the norm here in PH? How about other countries? Baka OC lang ako, i think i've only used a 5Ghz WiFi only once or twice in the past few years.
    i have not thought of that, but as far as i know, tethering via mobile device is only done via single band, which is 2.4 Ghz.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    5GHz WIFI been there for years but the gadgets used 2.4Ghz WIFI radios so the providers opted to use 2.4Ghz APs. Just recently, gadgets shifted to 5GHz to get rid of the congested 2.4GHz band but the 2.4GHz APs are already in place.

Establishments can not just throw away their 2.4GHz system in favor of the 5GHz or the dual bands. The 5GHz/dual may start with the new hotspot setups.