New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    You can download the whole atlas here: High resolution West Valley Fault maps launched

It is 7 parts and 275mb large

Time to check if your area is along a fault line

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Kamusta naman ang resale value nang mga lupa malapit sa fault?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Assuming you find out your house is right on the fault line. What can you do?

Not everyone can afford to move house that easily. Heck, some people still have decades worth of mortgage to pay off.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think PHIVOLCS is trying to warn developers and would-be buyers against putting up new residential developments right along the fault.

For those who already have their houses there, I doubt if it's easy to just move, especially if you're still paying for a mortgage. Siguro vigilance and preparation nalang if the BIG ONE hits.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sa totoo lang matagal nang alam naman nang mga tao dyan na nasa fault line sila eh. I remember nung college biruan na yung likod nang ADMU, Brgy. Bangkal, yun mismo ang faultline yung daanan na pababa sa likod.

Huwag na lang talaga magpatayo nang sobrang taas na establishment. Tsaka i-improve na lang siguro stuctural integriy nung existing building.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ^ nung 90's pa nun naghahanap kami ng lilipatan ang office namin
    isa sa kino-consider was BGC pero may isang engineer na nagsabi na kasama BGC sa Fault line kaya tinanggal yun BGC sa options

7. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Paano nga kung yung office mo directly sa faultline? Di ka rin naman aalis dahil dun sa risk, lalo na kung okay yung trabaho mo. Siguro disaster preparedness lang talaga like having an emergency kit (food, water, cash in small billa and coins, change of clothes, first aid kit, flashlight, etc etc).

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Paranng ticking time bomb para mga homeowners sa Valle Verde, Blue Ridge, Loyohla Heights, White Plains, Alabang...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

well, the experts gave a timeline of anytime between this afternoon and 2215..
    and the late dr punongbayan of philvolcs said it best... "when nature does its thing, the most we can do is get out of its way.."

i was told, all we have to do is avoid setting up house on the fault line.. a few meters away from it and we will "be fine". just make sure your house is designed to resist break-up during the 'quake..

i remember when this faultline thingee was first announced... some houses in the affected exclusive villages along the fault line, went on sale at "cheap prices".

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Kasama pala libis. I wonder if the buildings in eastwood considered a 7 magnitude earthquake sa designs nila. Not sure what is worse abutan ng earthquake sa top floors or get stuck with your car sa 5th level basement. Katakot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast