New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I have an ASrock Alive NF7G-HD720 mobo with an on-board video card.

I bought a palit 8400gs super video card and installed in the PCI_E slot.

The problem is that I can only set the primary video through the BIOS (choices are onboard, PCI, and PCI-E) but cannot totally disable the onboard video.

I was able to install the drive and use the dedicated video card a few time but every I re-started the PC (esp after a Windows update), it always reverts back to the onboard video.

After a clean install of the Windows XP (the reason is related to this problem but deserved a separet thread ) I am still encountering the problem.

I know my mobo is not the best out there, but is there any solution to this?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Is bios battery still alive?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    delete your driver of onboard vga then reboot , then install the new driver of vga card then reboot again , now you can use the new vga card

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I get this din on my Asrock wolfdale 1333 motherboard + 8600GT.

Sometimes kapag cold boot, nagdedefault to the onboard integrated graphics.

I hold the power button (turning off the PC) and after 1-2 tries nakikita na niya yung 8600GT.

Di ko lam bat ganito pero for now, at least I don't have to keep moving the VGA plug from the IGP to the 8600GT.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    thats a defective PCI-e slot. Better have your motherboard replaced before the warranty expires.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Is bios battery still alive?
    yes i believe it is still alive. i can still access the bios. internal clock is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by firewall View Post
    delete your driver of onboard vga then reboot , then install the new driver of vga card then reboot again , now you can use the new vga card
    hmmmm. . . this process actually started a whole new problem for me. it resulted to a windows clean install. good thing i was able to retrieve the files.

internet search usually points to disabling the onboard video adapter via device manager or disabling the onboard video in the bios which i cannot do because there is no such option as i've said in my first post.

when that didn't work, i uninstalled the driver then rebooted. i got black screen after the windows logo. i cannot even boot into safe mode (or any other mode for that matter). repair using the installation disc didnt work either.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    thats a defective PCI-e slot. Better have your motherboard replaced before the warranty expires.
    i've been using this motherboard for 2 yrs already. i am certain that its warranty has already expired.

Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    I get this din on my Asrock wolfdale 1333 motherboard + 8600GT.

Sometimes kapag cold boot, nagdedefault to the onboard integrated graphics.

I hold the power button (turning off the PC) and after 1-2 tries nakikita na niya yung 8600GT.

Di ko lam bat ganito pero for now, at least I don't have to keep moving the VGA plug from the IGP to the 8600GT.
    i'll try this for the mean time since a new motherboard is not a priority right now.

BTW, please see my other thread about SATA HDD. i also have questions about my new HDD which is also giving me problems.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    I have an ASrock Alive NF7G-HD720 mobo with an on-board video card.

I bought a palit 8400gs super video card and installed in the PCI_E slot.

The problem is that I can only set the primary video through the BIOS (choices are onboard, PCI, and PCI-E) but cannot totally disable the onboard video.

I was able to install the drive and use the dedicated video card a few time but every I re-started the PC (esp after a Windows update), it always reverts back to the onboard video.

After a clean install of the Windows XP (the reason is related to this problem but deserved a separet thread ) I am still encountering the problem.

I know my mobo is not the best out there, but is there any solution to this?
    Looking at the motherboard manual, it doesn't show any way to disable from the BIOS. You'll have to go into Windows to disable the onboard video and uninstall the hardware driver. Just make sure the BIOS is set to view PCI-E first. Otherwise, you won't see anything (the monitor will indicate no signal) until Windows boots up. That's assuming your monitor is hooked up to the PCI-E video card.

You can see the process better when you have a monitor hooked up to both onboard and PCI-E video.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 14th, 2010 at 12:57 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    this is what i've done already.

tested the video card in another PC. works fine.

installed the latest driver, prioritized the PCI-e in the BIOS, and disabled the onboard video driver.

confirmed that mobo can detect something in the pcie slot (used PC wizard)

but still no output from the video card.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    First disabled the onboard video driver.then reboot your pc ..then install the new driver for your pci-e vga . after installing the driver your pc asking you to reboot again your pc

or baka naman yon slot ng pci-e mo ang may problema siya clean first with paint brush then put it back your vga sa slot nya .

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by firewall View Post
    First disabled the onboard video driver.then reboot your pc ..then install the new driver for your pci-e vga . after installing the driver your pc asking you to reboot again your pc

or baka naman yon slot ng pci-e mo ang may problema siya clean first with paint brush then put it back your vga sa slot nya .
    na-disable ko na yung onboard video sa device manager. sa BIOS kasi walang disbable option. i-set lang yung primary source the video. pero wala pa din.

try ko linisin yung slot baka mag ok na.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PCI-E video card - sometimes detected, sometimes not