New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    to all technoweenies out there, what can you recommend for a 5.1 sound system for PC? I was planning to buy 5.1 speakers but unfortunately I still have to buy a 6 channel sound card. I a CMI sound card ok? How about Creative SB Live? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    creative is ok, tapos sabayan mo ng altec lansing...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    technoweeny No.1

well, if you the budget, you can go and buy the PC speaker made by Bose. It's simply two units plus optional subwoofer.

Personally, the paired speaker unit is powerful enough to disturb a seminar held across a hotel's ball room during COMDAP.

Of course it will not give you surround sound though.

No idea on price.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Altec lansing is already a tried and tested brand for the speakers... For sound car pwede na yung creative..

sir ian - anu po ba gusto mo setup? yung talagang babayo yung PC mo?... hehehe

ako ang gamit ko creative sound card (forgot the model) tapos 5.1 creative inspiron speakers... (di kasi kaya ng budget ko yung ALTEC LANSING eh ) hehehe and it sounds good naman na eh... nagagalit na nga kapitbahay namin sa ingay namin hehehhe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    me microlab bang speakers dyan sa pinas?

creative soundcard and microlab dts 5.1 speakers... lakas nang bayo nito...me wireless remote pa, para ka nang naka bose AM-10...hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    creative na 5.1 gamit ko.. ok naman. .pero nanghihinayang ako.. kasi parang hidne ko naman masyado nagagamit..hehehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    creative SB Live value gamit ko... old school.

paired up with altec ATP3 slim speakers. kung abot, kabit mo nalang sa home theater yung pc mo para surround sound, tipid pa!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    pag la ka talaga budget for high end multimedia speakers, puwede na yung Boka brand.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at the highest-end of the market, there's the Logiteh Z-680 (about P17,500) and the Creative MegaWorks 550THX (about P17,000). The Creative GigaWorks and Klipsch ProMedia Ultra series are even better and are available if you look hard enough i think.

At the lower-end, mas sulit yata yung Logitech Z-series (like the Z5300 [high-end pa rin], or Z-640) kesa Creative Inspire. hindi yata ok yung mga latest offerings ng Altec Lansing.

a possible alternative is a pair of good headphones... like the AKG K55/K66 (<P2,000) or Sennheiser 497 (P3,000). it's generally agreed that these have far superior sound quality than mid-range or budget 5.1 multimedia speaker systems.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    a creative audigy soundcard will be a good investment then pair it with a logitech Z-640.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PC Sound System