New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Bro!!!!!!!

Gaming PC ka na!!!!!! Or Laptop. You know you were originally part of the master race hehehehe.

I was inspired to find more youtube videos on Manila and MS Flight simulator based on the one you linked earlier.

Over 50 Metro Manila Landmarks Spotted in Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube

Im gobsmacked considering this is all generated from artificial intelligence and satellite mapping. Imagine when a modder decides to model Metro Manila? That will be insane!

If they can do this with Manila...am sure i will spend days upon days visiting all the cool places of the world.

To heck learning to fly...or land....or navigate...or communicate with the AI control towers...or compete in navigation and shortest landing competitions...read weather charts....handle bad weather...use .navigation beacons...which you all can do in this Simulator. Wink!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Haha am considering it bro. The 3070 is a good midrange card to get started with these days. I just have so much gaming backlog pa since I'm too hooked with GT. When I get tired of it I'll finish my other gaming backlog (FF7, Diablo 3) then get a PC for Flight Sim and Forza hehe.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    3070 is faster than a 2080 ti which is in itself faster than my 2080 super ! Thats not midrange at all hahaha though the price is fantastic now.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Flew around el nido and my house in QC today using microsoft flight simulator 2020.

The roof shape of my house was modeled accurately (its unequal length letter "U" or horseshoe with 1 side being longer). Am impressed! Everything else is kinda generic based on the area architecture.

El Nido lagoons were there in all their glory....even the Miniloc resort pier and water houses.

I took off from NAIA, followed SLEX, edsa, whiteplains ave, katipunan etc. The models of megamall, the MRT, etc where really good. Ayala ave had some generic buildings BUT twin towers and ritz and dusit hotel were spot on...

Waiting for more mods where the street names show up hehehe.

Bruh, that’s interesting. Do you happen to know the minimum specs for ms flight simulator 2020?

Cpu: intel/amd?
    Gpu: nvidia? 3070?
    Memory:16gb enough?

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The mods will be mostly for PC right? Just like Assetto Corsa, they even have a Tarlac Circuit mod recently released hehe.

Left the gaming PC world almost a decade ago (GTX 4xx series) but the temptation is always there hehe.

Hehehe... 4series... mine last bought a gaming laptop 5years ago... ROg with gtx970...

With thh nvidia hype for 3070, i’m tempted to build a rig.. a 3080 will be future proof for at least 5years, i guess...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Bruh, that’s interesting. Do you happen to know the minimum specs for ms flight simulator 2020?

Cpu: intel/amd?
    Gpu: nvidia? 3070?
    Memory:16gb enough?

TIA!

I think nvidia 1060 is plenty fine for this. It is cpu intensive so minimum core i5 maybe 7th gen or so.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Recommended spec for FS 2020 is i5-8400 or Ryzen 5 1500X and GTX 970 but actual user feedback says barely enough (30 fps) in 1080p. Then again that's 4 generations old.

Any of the current mid-to-high end GPUs can handle FS at 4K or 1080p at higher FPS.

And yes super CPU intensive that even an i9 is bottlenecked.

Last edited by jut703; September 20th, 2020 at 04:23 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    This is one reason why I'm hesitant to get back into PC gaming - endless money pit.

My PS4 only cost me 10k and I could play all the games released for PS4 on it already. Even PS5 at 25k is still just a one-time spend for the next 8 years.

Compared to PC, your 25k is only enough for a video card, which you have to change every 3 years or so to play the latest games. There's even a demographic of PC owners who upgrade for the sake of upgrading and flexing rather than focusing on gaming. So much more magastos talaga.

It really boils down to whether it's worth it spending ~60-100k one-time and spending ~30k every 3 years for a gpu/cpu/ram upgrade just to have the cutting edge graphics or just buying a console and living with mediocre (but still 4K 60 fps) graphics and spending the money elsewhere.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    You have a point. Maybe get new xbox series x then. And the ps5. Both will be enough for the next 8 yrs of gaming in between them

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just for the heck of it, went window shopping for a desktop PC if I were to build one. So shocked that it's close to 100k already and it isn't even high-end yet:

Don't know much about PCs anymore but surprisingly building principles are still the same as before - strong GPU, good enough CPU, sufficient RAM and SSD, stable PSU, and throw in a transparent case and RGB lighting for fun.

So it's almost 2x the price of a PS5 and Xbox Series X combined, with a longevity of about 3-5 years.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It boils down to your game preferences. If a game is great on a console, then you don’t need a PC. If you use a PC for other things and you also play games, then go for it.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
PC Gamers vs. Console gamers