New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    The $1 question is, do we really need to buy fighter jets??
    I think we do, It's called Deterrent.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    tama....the PAF should purchase at least one state-of-the-art jet fighter.

they could name it 'Air Force One' :2thumbsup:
    a more appropriate one would be... 'Air Force One : And Only'

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P5B = US$109M. too little to be of any deterence. that can only buy 3 F16 jets and without the support to keep it flying. ang pwede lang mabili ng budget na yan will be either more md520 light attack helicopters na sana naman outfitted with 19-tube launchers and a minigun, or at least 6x.50 caliber machineguns. forget about buying the .50 cal machine gun pods, just nigger-rig 6 or maybe even 8 old browning .50s and let er rip!

but if they want fixed wing (easier to maintain than helicopters) my vote still goes to the super tucano of brazil's embraer>>http://www.embraer.com/english/conte...per_tucano.asp
    i think they only cost US$5.5M each, so paf can buy at least 18 of those turbo-prop trainer/ground attack with light fighter capabilities (can carry 2 aim9 sidewinders).

if they want a jet powered aircraft, south korea is already producing their supersonic (mach 1.4) T50 advance jet trainer/attack fighter aircraft. they designed it to be the replacement for the F5 >>> http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/t-50/ magkano kaya bentahan ng south korea nito? o pwede na din friendship price, $5 each gaya nung benta nila na F5 sa atin nuon!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yep I agree na di na dapat sa jets gastusin ang pera, ok sa modern helicopters nalang kasi ang kalaban nasa bundok. Also dahil islands tayo dapat sa mga maliliit at modern sea going vessels. Or for modern weapons of infantry and training.

As for deterence, just in case a greedy neighbor wants to invade us I dont think a few planes piloted by inexperienced pilots will scare a determined invader .

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    maybe we should buy Migs instead, baka cheaper hehehe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hmm...the T-50 somehow reminds me of the Northrop F-20 Tigershark.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my dad bought one of those MS simulator programs before because one of his fellow pilots said that it was interesting and i think he actually enjoyed playing with it, pero sabi niya iba pa rin daw kapag sa simulator ka talaga natuto, but it can be a helpful tool for a learning pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
    a more appropriate one would be... 'Air Force One : And Only'
    hahaha!!!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    what we need is at least 3 A-10 Tank Killer parked near Malacanang

para pag nanguha ulit si Gringo and Trillianes ng APC and Tanks and then take hostage another bustling city and also ask for reinforcement tanks from provincial bases

di na kelangan ng barikada, Thuderbolt lang katapat nila lahat hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Matagal na nilang sinasabing kailangan mag upgrade ng equipment ang ating armed forces, kaya ng binenta ang fort bonifacio, pero ano ang nagyari nawawala ang perang pinagbilhan or para mas accurate binulsa ng mga nakapwesto, matagal na nilang gustong gawin yan pero masmabilis ang bulsa ng mga general.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    what we need is at least 3 A-10 Tank Killer parked near Malacanang

preferably with the business end pointed at the office of the president!
    the best way to prevent a coup is not to give any adventurist the reason to mount one, and that is to make sure the politician in malacanang is the rightful president!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
PAF Pilots Take Flight Lessons by Computer (instead of Flight Simulators)