New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    According to Meralco website FAQ:
    ....we will process the transaction as TRANSFER OF SERVICE. This is done in the following ways:

1. He (the customer) should present (a) proof of ownership or occupancy and (b) valid ID as proof-of-identity.
    2. Meralco office personnel (Branch Representative) will process the termination of contract under the name of the outgoing customer and will then immediately create a new customer under the name of the incoming customer.

This will entail payment of new service deposits by the incoming customer. The old meter and service deposit may be withdrawn only by the outgoing customer (or his representative) upon payment of all bills and presentation of corresponding deposit receipts. Refund will be through cheque if the amount is more than P15,000.
    So it seems from the website ganito lang ka-simple - (dead of sale/title + service deposit payment).

However, when i asked personally sa branch, kelangan din nila ang "load schedule" or something that has to do with the total electricity load na i-co-consume namin - (dead of sale/title + load sched + service deposit payment).

However, again, someone told me it is more complicated than the above two. As, in addition to the above requirements, he said Meralco would also need to compute the previous consumption of the previous customer and see if his previous deposit matched against his actual consumption, wherein appropriate charges/amount will be collected(from the previous customer) or refunded. This is based on his experience.

All Meralco bills are paid and there's no balance remaining. No additional load is being added to the existing Meralco service. I don't care about the deposit refund of the old owner of the house, i just want the Meralco bill to be in my name.

Anybody had any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you can contact the old owner of the house, you need to have a letter from them stating that they're transferring the name or something.

If you can't contact the old owners anymore (like in our case), this will be handled on a case to case basis... better yet, try to visit the home branch of your Meralco account for them to give a clearer picture.

bigbigcar.com Review: Suzuki Alto

Paano ba talaga ang Meralco Transfer of Service?