New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee View Post
    yep...so far lahat ng kakilala ko may A-Series yun ang nasisira.

yung A95 ko, recently lang bumigay...ni hindi ko sya nababagsak whatsoever. ang alam ko lang...di ko sya nagamit around a month, kaya nagulat ako may interference na sya.
    Time to upgrade to a D-SLR

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, or go back to film para walang LCD :D

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Ah pre, you posted sa DPP with the same question hehe... Di ko na sasagutin ha... Joke...

A710IS, FujiFilm F30 (under 16K pag sa Amazon mo bilin, local kasi 28K!), Canon S3IS, Panasonic FZ7, Olympus C8080 are my choices... The Oly is truly a remarkable P&S, wala lang IS, but man, it's damn good...

For a pocketable cam, toss up between the A710IS and the F30... The former has a good IS system and produces better colored photos, but the latter is truly the king of low-light point and shoot with very clean high ISO shots (Canon P&S ISO 400 are very noisy already, the F30's ISO800 is still very, very clean)

These came straight out of the F30, no PP at all, both are ISO800 shots.

Taken by a 7 year old hehe

Both shots were taken indoors, no artificial light (minimal on the first one), no flash, just ambient light.

Dpreview has a good comparison of ISO performance of the F30. Sucks that it uses xD cards, though, mahal eh.

Don't bother counting megapixels, anything over 6 is overkill for most people unless you plan to print larger than A3 all the time...

One more thing, minor, but for me, essential. I really prefer cameras that uses AA batteries, especially with bigger cams like the S3 that has really great power management, it makes life so much easier, imagine going out of town and you run out of batteries, just go inside a gas station or convenience store and grab a pack or two and you're ready to go.

Li-Ions are usually expensive, requires a dedicated charger, etc...

Bai: Di kaya 20K ang G7, but for the money, I'd pick the G6 instead, faster lens, RAW and better handling IMO... But OT na tayo since di pasok sa budget.

I agree with theveed here.

The Fuji Finepix F series here (I own an F20 6.2MP) are the biggest bang for the buck in P&S DigiCams. (xD cards nga lang....)

The pics indoors up to ISO1600 (although rated at ISO2000) are really decent, even without flash.

1901:nolurk:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ewan ko everytime bumibi ako ng camera bakit Nikon ang nabibili ko...
    anyways its not bad pero somehow i wish i had more control...
    eto mga sample shot ng Nikon coolpix S2

source of light is yung candle at the back of the glass

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    many thanks sa mga replies. now i'm more confuse than ever...:D
    My top of the list so far,
    1. Canon S3 IS
    2. Canon A710IS
    3. Fuji F30
    4. Canon G7 (if i can save more)

*David, thanks for all those useful inputs.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Bong, if I were to choose based on your list, it would either be the S3 IS or the F30. Forget about the G7 - IMO, the G6 is better.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bong, siguraduhin mo lang na may IS ang bibilhin mo. it's very helpful for those low light shots where you can't use a flash. and in situations where not using a flash would produce a better picture, especially with P&S cameras.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    A700 high noise nga talaga when using ISO400 and up...kakainis...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May A810IS na diba?

IS rules, honestly, I'd pick IS over a fast lens sa p&s hehe

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    'Veed, AFAIK wala pang A810IS. Mayron PowerShot SD800 IS.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; February 23rd, 2007 at 09:28 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
P&S Digital Cameras