Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    i liked snow leopard more than lion. and mountain lion over leopard
    Any particular reason?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by x_outpost View Post
    Any particular reason?
    my battery sucked ball when i upgraded to lion, that's one. i remember my chrome was almost unusable.

and oh the mission control

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    my battery sucked ball when i upgraded to lion, that's one. i remember my chrome was almost unusable.

and oh the mission control
    I totally agree with mission control. With regards to your battery, what's your cycle count? Have you tried resetting your SMC?
    I don't use Chrome, it sucks in my opinion (same with Safari) - I use Firefox for the most part.

Some of the tidbits I love on 10.8 are Messages, iCloud and improved stability and reliability.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I totally agree with mission control. With regards to your battery, what's your cycle count? Have you tried resetting your SMC?
    I don't use Chrome, it sucks in my opinion (same with Safari) - I use Firefox for the most part.

Some of the tidbits I love on 10.8 are Messages, iCloud and improved stability and reliability.
    i think around 50 back then. now it's 1000+ already.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    In my professional opinion, 10.7/10.8's reliability is a big improvement from previous versions and I expect to continue with 10.9.
    I wish the Server app is as robust as the main OS and I wish they can add better cloning and deployment solutions built in to the Server app.
    yeah, OS X Server really isn't top priority for Apple. I did admin work on our company's OS X Server (through ARD) back in '05-'06 din. Made me think of Windows Server admin - a lot of GUI work.

looked into Mavericks a little bit, maybe i'll upgrade after all just to get proper full screen support on multiple monitors (took them a while)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i liked snow leopard more than lion. and mountain lion over leopard
    Ooops. Should be mountain lion over snow leopard. Certainly mountain lion is far more reliable and stable compared to snow leopard and lion. The rough edges of lion were polished in mountain lion. Saw improvement in my battey life and steadily improved with each update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    i think around 50 back then. now it's 1000+ already.
    That make sense, I would expect battery capacity will diminish at this point.
    It doesn't hurt if you reset the SMC a few times and see if it makes a difference.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Lots of things changed since - some good, some unwelcome changes. But most of our services are run using ol' Windows Servers anyway.
    The rest, we run them on OS X Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    yeah, OS X Server really isn't top priority for Apple. I did admin work on our company's OS X Server (through ARD) back in '05-'06 din. Made me think of Windows Server admin - a lot of GUI work.

looked into Mavericks a little bit, maybe i'll upgrade after all just to get proper full screen support on multiple monitors (took them a while)

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    been among the first who beta tested mountain lion, broke my apps. sluggish as expected on mac air but ran fairly well on an older mac pro. i have to reinstall the darn thing back to back-up version since it's my workhorse. usually you got to have a spare mac to do pilot trials unless you're a maverick yourself. hows the performance/speed with graphics-heavy multiple rendering? does it have noticeable quirks like beachball delays, ui redraw/refresh problem,etc

man, i just updated one of the software and now they got a new os to mess with the pipeline. i'm excited but anxious to try it though
    Last edited by Helios; September 17th, 2013 at 12:15 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I originally ran 10.9 on my Retina's VM but it was more sluggish that I expected.
    So I asked my boss to buy me another Mac (this time, a fully spec'd Air) to test 10.9 on it.
    Been testing it since 10.9 DP came out and so far so good except for one bug.
    I tested Airplay from home using my Apple TV to stream a movie from the MBA to my big TV.
    No audio but as what they promised, I can now mirror or extend my screen wireless using ATV.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    been among the first who beta tested mountain lion, broke my apps. sluggish as expected on mac air but ran fairly well on an older mac pro. i have to reinstall the darn thing back to back-up version since it's my workhorse. usually you got to have a spare mac to do pilot trials unless you're a maverick yourself. hows the performance/speed with graphics-heavy multiple rendering? does it have noticeable quirks like beachball delays, ui redraw/refresh problem,etc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast