New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I am toying the idea that ditching cat names is an affirmation to end the Steve Jobs era So Tim Cook's fetish are beaches huh hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm also at 10.8.5. I've been planning to try the beta but have been busy at work.

And yup, apple said during WWDC that they will soon run out of cat names so they moved to names that are great spots in California, and used mavericks for their initial name. It is a famous surfing beach in California.

X_outpost, notifications was one of the tentpole of mavericks, any issues so far?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm still on 10.8.5. i don't beta test OS's, and i usually upgrade after a year of it's release, 6 months at the earliest. i just don't have the time anymore to deal with release-day bugs so i just let the early adopters deal with that and upgrade after the first patch is released or if the reviews are good.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Apple is going with an annual release of new OS. So if you upgrade a year later, you'll be a generation behind.
    It kinda sucks for me since I have to be certified every year.

Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    i'm still on 10.8.5. i don't beta test OS's, and i usually upgrade after a year of it's release, 6 months at the earliest. i just don't have the time anymore to deal with release-day bugs so i just let the early adopters deal with that and upgrade after the first patch is released or if the reviews are good.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    No issues on notifications that I know of.
    I like the Maps (not perfect but otherwise, nice), multiple displays on Apple TV via Airplay (has a bug with audio though), and iCloud keychain.
    And oh, iBooks is nice - I'm starting to hate my iPad because I could not touch-type on it.

Quote Originally Posted by aDD_L View Post
    I'm also at 10.8.5. I've been planning to try the beta but have been busy at work.

And yup, apple said during WWDC that they will soon run out of cat names so they moved to names that are great spots in California, and used mavericks for their initial name. It is a famous surfing beach in California.

X_outpost, notifications was one of the tentpole of mavericks, any issues so far?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    good thing about osx (compared to windows) is it doesn't have that many bugs, at least not critical to me. and i usually upgrade right off the bat

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    good thing about osx (compared to windows) is it doesn't have that many bugs, at least not critical to me. and i usually upgrade right off the bat
    Yup, for home use, you can confidently upgrade from day 1. OS X is very stable to begin with. They're only adding more features unlike Windows where it gets major overhaul.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by x_outpost View Post
    Apple is going with an annual release of new OS. So if you upgrade a year later, you'll be a generation behind.
    It kinda sucks for me since I have to be certified every year.
    ok maybe exag ng konti yung 1 year. i do upgrade a few months (1 to 3) after release date after the initial reviews are done, and only if the reviews are good.

OS X has been slowing down more with every feature they add in each release. i miss my Tiger OS X, honestly

edit: i think i'll be using mountain lion until next year unless there's a really compelling reason for me to upgrade to 10.9
    Last edited by roninblade; September 16th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    ok maybe exag ng konti yung 1 year. i do upgrade a few months (1 to 3) after release date after the initial reviews are done, and only if the reviews are good.

OS X has been slowing down more with every feature they add in each release. i miss my Tiger OS X, honestly

edit: i think i'll be using mountain lion until next year unless there's a really compelling reason for me to upgrade to 10.9
    In my professional opinion, 10.7/10.8's reliability is a big improvement from previous versions and I expect to continue with 10.9.
    I wish the Server app is as robust as the main OS and I wish they can add better cloning and deployment solutions built in to the Server app.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i liked snow leopard more than lion. and mountain lion over leopard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast