New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    do we really need this if we buy laptops?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    all Laptops come with OS restoration CD

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Kasama sa binayaran mo yan. There are laptops though that are being sold without the OS.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BB is correct. brand new laptops come with recovery CDs which contain OEM OS.
    ngayon its up to you to have that CD backed-up, dahil i am telling you based on my experience, if by chance that you lost that CD, its really very hard to restore everything in your laptop (drivers, etc.) if you happen to take the "format/reinstall" route....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    all Laptops come with OS restoration CD
    meron din mga embedded na sa hard disk (IBM/Lennovo). kaya ang ginawa namin just in case mag-break down is to compile all the drivers in a CD.

there's always the internet to look for software and drivers, etc. pero less hassle kung meron ka pa rin back up CD.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    some computers nowadays doesnt provide restoration CDs anymore... this is part of their cost cutting or somewhat "media reduction program" wherein companys preinstalled a certain partition in the Hard drive and set a specific command for it to trigger and run the Restoration Software - program.

for DELL this is what you call PC RESTORE

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i think you can do your own backups using this particular roxio software. with Macs naman, parati may recovery CD's. but the thing is, hindi uso re-install sa Macs ...

os backup cd