New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    was helping my gf with her reports last nite. her laptop has ms office xp 2002. pre installed when we got the lappy second hand.

my laptop has the ms office 2007 home and student 2007 trial version. but nag expire na trial period, so ang pwede ko lang gawin ay, view and print word files.

after searching the net for a crack for ms office, puro pro at enterprise versions lang nakukuha ko.

this morning while reading manila bulletin, i came across the openoffice article, so i downloaded it and to my surprise, sakto mga functions nya sa ms word, pati powerpoint pareahas lang. and the best thing about it, FREEWARE sya.

while ms office is $118 (php 5500) for a license.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep..been using that in my old laptop for a year...basic word processing lang naman.havent tried the ppt and others...but they are basically the same.

free pa!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malaki na ipinagbago ng openoffice since about 2 or 3 years ko na yata nakita yan.

it is also amazing that the file size of the installer is also small (duda ko pati ang buong program will not hug the harddisk unlike most MS programs).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    open office is really good. thought i am not a power user of ms office, i can say that it offers, at least, the same functionality. and you cannot go wrong with its open license. i always carry its install files on my usb.

i also use the ubuntu/open office tandem in all the computers in our shops.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Open Office user here for more than 5 years. So far, so good. While MS Office does have a lot of bells and whistles compared to Open Office, the average user doesn't need most of those.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same as nico. i've been using openoffice for five years already.
    gets the job done kung mga basic documents, spreadsheets and presentations lang. ang kulang lang nya is yung advanced macro functions ng MS-Excel.

just make sure that if you have created a file, that it is saved on proper format (e.g. .doc for documents/.xls for excel) so you can open these documents in other computers, if needed.

openoffice has come a long way since then... dati nga, i shun using this, prefering staroffice. pero nung nagkaroon na rin ng license cost ang star office, lumipat na rin ako dito.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    openoffice sa bahay na pc at msoffice naman dito sa work... he he company policy kc to use microsoft products.

why pay when you can have it free... legally.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    openoffice din gamit ko dito sa internet shop...nasanay na rin ang mga regular customers ko gamitin...sulit gamitin ....libre!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also use OpenOffice in my laptop. Takot kasi akong maginstall ng mga pirated softwares sa laptop at baka ma-check sa mga airports.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tried openoffice last year and since then, yun na gamit ko sa home PC namin ehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
openoffice vs. ms office