New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    To owners of Acer, is it durable? Are you satisfied with it?
    I'm asking cause I saw this: http://www.pc-canada.com/item.asp?it...mpaign=shopbot

I will be going to Canada next month and thinking of getting it to replace my 14 inch Asus U80. I'm happy with the Asus but am getting tired of carrying around. I want something smaller and lighter without sacrificing speed by going with a netbook.

Programs used: IE9, Google Chrome, Open Office, VLC and U******* mostly. No gaming. Just office use, surfing, downloading and its my video player.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    To owners of Acer, is it durable? Are you satisfied with it?
    I'm asking cause I saw this: http://www.pc-canada.com/item.asp?it...mpaign=shopbot

I will be going to Canada next month and thinking of getting it to replace my 14 inch Asus U80. I'm happy with the Asus but am getting tired of carrying around. I want something smaller and lighter without sacrificing speed by going with a netbook.

Programs used: IE9, Google Chrome, Open Office, VLC and U******* mostly. No gaming. Just office use, surfing, downloading and its my video player.

Nice choice. i5 cpu pa!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ACER is known to be the Value brand. Pricewise.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bang for the buck! branded pa!

I've had two Acers, first one is a tablet type. kahit anong gawin ko ayaw masira. ako na ang sumuko at bumili ng bago.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    In our family, we've had 2 out of 3 Acers wherein its battery conked out right about the time the warranty expired.The same two laptops have both their hinges crack within 2 years of normal use.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Same with mine - acquired in 2006.

Nasira din agad ang Hinges in just 2 years time though ginagamit pa din namin as desktop kasi permanent na location nya sa house and hindi na namin sinasara yong lid dahil nga sa crack na yong hinge.

Tapos dami pang cracks sa case as if stressed yong body niya eh maalaga naman kami sa gamit.

Then last year, intermittent na yong pagkawala ng display nya - i think related don sa pagkasira ng hinge pero pinagtyagaan pa din namin gamitin.

Early this year, nasira na yong Power Adapter nya so hindi na sya mai-ON ngayon kaya pahinga na sya.

I will not patronize another Acer Laptop again.

Last year, I settled for a lenovo to replace the dying Acer laptop.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Warranty-wise I prefer Acer over the rest of the brands esp. if you plan to use it here locally for most of its lifespan. Pag dinala mo kasi sa Paco Service Center nila, in less than a week's time repaired or palit agad yung piyesa. Tatlong unit na rin napadala ko and ganun lagi.

Durability-wise may nabasa akong page before na HP ang worst when it comes to quality (my personal experience says as well). Si Cooltoyz nga na patron nila dati di na rin sila nirerecommend ngayon for failed after-sales handling ng units.

Basta when you buy laptops these days expect na may taning na yan the moment you get it, swertihan na lang kung bumigay while within warranty pa para kahit maabala sa pagpapawarranty e at least palit ng libre, ang kawawa eh yung pag lampas ng warranty saka bumigay. SOP ko tuloy habang nasa warranty period pa yung unit yun muna ginagawa kong primary para gamit lagi at kung may mahina mang piyesa eh magpakita na agad ng symptoms habang nasa warranty pa.

Kaya pag ako nagrerecommend talaga ako ngayon in terms of brand warranty-claim talaga ang inuuna kong i-factor in. Spec-wise maraming mas maganda talaga sa Acer pero if you don't have the cash to purchase a more expensive brand (Apple, Sony's VAIO line, etc.), Acer is a feasible option.

Their 4750G that's recently launched is bang-for-teh-buck btw... so far so good anyways.
    Last edited by batang_raon14; April 18th, 2011 at 09:34 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    we had our acer (5630) since 2008, so far so good.

once lang nagkaproblem, system crashed because of a virus, pero everything was performing nicely, good graphics, ok din yung processor (core 2 duo). i've been using it everyday and wala naman akong na-encounter na problem so far.

our office had various laptops over the years. of those units deployed to personnel, we had encountered many problems with lenovo. pero those units are so abused that we cannot factor its condition in terms of the unit's performance. i'm also using a lenovo sa office.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    *TS: been using emachines and the acer at the office. No problems, quite happy with it.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what do you expect sa laptop ba? I consider it as consumable products, 1-2 years obsolete na dapat magpalit na rin kaya I don't really buy very expensive laptops dahil in 1.5 year or 2 years max bili na lang ako ng bago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
ok ba acer laptop?