New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    are notebook coolers effective? yung parang me stand tapos me fan sa ilalim? di kaya matakaw sa baterya pag lagi mo gamit ito?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    use a cool ball instead...I bought one at CDR King and effective sya... and the best thing is that it does not eat up power

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You most probably won't need it when using your notebook on any solid surface. But if you put it on the bed, sofa, chair or any soft surfaces, these materials tends to block the vents and prevent heat from dissipating into the air like a thermos. Then, you'll need to use a laptop cooler.

Some cooler design works better than others but regardless of what you choose, all of them can help lower down the laptop temp simply because it provides a solid surface for the laptop's own cooling system to function. But if possible, get a cooler that sucks or blows air from the side so that even if you use it on a soft surface, there will still be good airflow.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    use a cool ball instead...I bought one at CDR King and effective sya... and the best thing is that it does not eat up power
    how much cool ball and san meron? wla ako nakita sa cdr king sm marikina kahpon

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by african888 View Post
    are notebook coolers effective? yung parang me stand tapos me fan sa ilalim? di kaya matakaw sa baterya pag lagi mo gamit ito?
    Effective or not, this "accessory" is generally not necessary. Waste of money and adds bulk where it's not needed.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

These items are designed and tested to work, without any issue, when used as intended... Besides, chips are guaranteed to function from 0C to 70C, for Standard Temperature parts (wider operating temperature for other variants).... Power supplies have wider temperature tolerance....

So, coolers are IMO, "nice to have".....

9404:vader:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mine works..... lowers temp for my lappie. Bought another one for my mom and she said it worked for her lappie too....

notebook/netbook coolers