Oct 2004
    Thanks Need4speed, I'll check it out.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by maop99 View Post
    Thanks Need4speed, I'll check it out.
    no problemo ...

here's another link to check out...

comparing the camera of the n95 against a dslr and other cam phones and digicams

(Nokia 6300 vs Sony Ericsson K810i vs Nokia N95 vs Canon IXUS 70 vs Canon 400D)

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39...89927-6,00.htm

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    n4s, how was the speed improvement after firmware update? same thing for my P990 after updating, noticable speed in browsing through the menus.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
    no problemo ...
    kindly update us regarding to battery life after updating the celfone's firmware. Was there an improvement in battery life or generally no change?

Currently I can live with my N80's short battery life but if the N95 batt life is worst, I think I can't tolerate it anymore.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    n4s, how was the speed improvement after firmware update? same thing for my P990 after updating, noticable speed in browsing through the menus.
    seems significantly faster... when I was using a certain portion of the UI... i'd notice a lag prior to the update. After the update the lag was gone.

* ghost

I'm not too sure about the n80... but I had the n70 before and it seems about the same or maybe slightly better. as it's only been a few days after the update, i have to recalibrate the battery first and i'll let you know. my wife's been "borrowing" the n95 due to it having a cheaper idd rate than her line... so i haven't been using it so much ... she has...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I just read reviews about the phone, so my opinion on the phone will not be as reliable as with the owners of the phone.

Yung 5MP camera nito parang daya. Quality is like taken from a 2MP camera but stretch to a 5MP picture dimension on saving to memory.

Its GPS feature is in its primary or early stage. I've read that there isn't any interface between N95's GPS and downloadable GPS applications for mobile devices.

Its technical specifications are so good that you won't need to get a separate mobile device as organizer or office document viewer. However, walang stylus - phone keypad lang ba talaga 'to?

I'd wait for second or third generation Nokia GPS phones.

If you're not using GPS that much, why not get an "O2 XDA Atom Life?" Besides, bago magkaroon ng fully functional digital maps dito sa Pilipinas, aabutin pa ng 2 more years minimum.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eojlin View Post
    I just read reviews about the phone, so my opinion on the phone will not be as reliable as with the owners of the phone.

Yung 5MP camera nito parang daya. Quality is like taken from a 2MP camera but stretch to a 5MP picture dimension on saving to memory.

Its GPS feature is in its primary or early stage. I've read that there isn't any interface between N95's GPS and downloadable GPS applications for mobile devices.

Its technical specifications are so good that you won't need to get a separate mobile device as organizer or office document viewer. However, walang stylus - phone keypad lang ba talaga 'to?

I'd wait for second or third generation Nokia GPS phones.

If you're not using GPS that much, why not get an "O2 XDA Atom Life?" Besides, bago magkaroon ng fully functional digital maps dito sa Pilipinas, aabutin pa ng 2 more years minimum.
    what makes you say that it's using a 2MP chip?

also with regards to the GPS... what do you mean by interface between n95 gps and downloadable gps applications for mobile devices?

not all PDA phones use a stylus... just look at the Blackberry... all you use is a scroll wheel. and if you look at a lot of business users around you (well maybe not in the Phil. but Internationally... their preferred phone of choice is a blackberry. I myself use one.).

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
    what makes you say that it's using a 2MP chip?

also with regards to the GPS... what do you mean by interface between n95 gps and downloadable gps applications for mobile devices?

not all PDA phones use a stylus... just look at the Blackberry... all you use is a scroll wheel. and if you look at a lot of business users around you (well maybe not in the Phil. but Internationally... their preferred phone of choice is a blackberry. I myself use one.).
    Ay sorry! Pero, i don't remember saying that it's using a 2MP chip. What I meant to say is that the quality of the images are comparable to pictures taken from a 2MP camera and are stretched to a 5MP dimension photo. In an analogy, kapag nag-edit ka ng picture gamit ang isang software para i-enlarge digitally yung photo, nasisira yung quality - kapag sobrang stretched ang image, nag-p-pixelize.

Regarding GPS interface... may mga 3rd party programs na gumagamit ng GPS na pwede i-download para sa mga handheld devices (written in Java). In an analogy, parang desktop computer na nakikipag-usap sa printer o kaya sa scanner o sa modem. Ang problema "daw" sa N95, yung mga 3rd party programs e hindi maka-connect sa GPS ng N95 - in other words, masyadong exclusive yung GPS ng N95 sa programs lang na gawa ng Nokia.

Regarding sa gamit ng stylus, bias lang talaga ako dito kasi mas madali para sa akin ito kesa standard phone keypads when editing documents. So, sayang yung power features ng phone kung di ako makaka-pag-edit ng maayos.

Like what I said earlier, I just read reviews about the phone, so my opinion on the phone will not be as reliable as with the reviews of the owners of the phone. I am posting this para ma-verify na rin sa mga N95 owners kung tama yung sinasabi sa mga reviews (check also www.GSMArena.com). Ride lang din ako sa thread na 'to.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Btw, I did find N95 good and interesting, kaya nagbasa ako ng mga reviews tungkol dito. Blackberry, on the other hand, medyo may mga ibang PDAs na mas maganda ang reviews. I don't have a lot of money kaya i really dwell on reading reviews.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Nokia N95 reviews?