New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Does anyone here own an N95 or N82? Pwede nyo po ba ishare sakin ang experience nyo using these phones? Im planning to get any of the two kaya lang im having a hard time to decide which to buy.

These are my observations on both phones:

The N95 seems to be more stylish than N82 but its sliding mechanism makes me worry too much that in the future it might be a big problem for the phone... it might get very lose and madalas pa naman kasi ako magtext kaya baka hindi magtagal lumawag na agad sya. It has great features overall and almost complete ang connectivity nya (wi-fi, bluetooth, infrared, usb)...

On the other hand... the N82 looks like a "sardines can" according to some, but its "candy bar" style is my most preferred type of phone design. It has almost the same features as the N95 but it lacks infrared connectivity and only has 100MB user memory compared to N95 which is 160MB It also has a xenon flash and comes with a 2GB micro sd card. The keys aren't a problem since i feel comfortable with it when i tried testing the phone. The connectivity ports are also positioned perfectly especially the 3.5mm jack which is located at the top of the phone unlike the N95 which is on the right side of the phone.

Yan lang po masasabi ko sa dalawang phones na yan... sana may makapagbigay ng advice sakin kung ano magandang bilin... both are really good phones but gusto ko malaman mga experience ng N95 and N82 users dito. Thanks in advance!

Sayang di ako marunong mag lagay ng poll dito... hehehe!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I find the N82 buttons too small especially if you have big hands & fingers. The N81 (although a slightly lower level then the N82) is better that it has bigger buttons and has most of the features of N82. The same goes for the 6500 classic and slide... just that the 6500 does it with more class.

IF you are worrying about the sliding mechanism, I own a N80 and it seems the N series mechanisms are pretty robust as compared to non N-series units (btw, 6500 slide mechanism is also very good).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    There's a simple solution to your problem.

Just buy both. hehe.

Personally, I'll just get any. N95 8GB is 25k, N82 is 20K.

I'm not yet purchasing any because im waiting for the iPhone 3G.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bumili ako last year around sept yata ng n95 (1 gig, but i am currently using a 4-gig micro sd) namin ng wife ko.

positive experiences namin:
    *maganda ang picture quality nya (it's probably on par if not better than some point and shoot cameras) at ok naman ang vid quality.
    *sharp ang kanyang lcd screen
    *maganda ang fonts nya (adjustable ang size) kaya di gaano masakit sa mata
    *parang swiss army knife...:lol: multi purpose
    *maganda ang sound quality nya

negative experiences pa lang namin:
    *mukhang complicated ang kanyang navigation or maps (at least dito sa usa). parang di gumagana. paano po ba gamitin?
    *one of the phones just suddenly quit. we had to reinstall the software (or is it more appropriate to say that i reformated the phone?). i read somewhere that this is a common problem on nokia phones using the symbian o.s.
    *sending text messages is a P.I.T.A since it is not a querty phone and i'm used to my treo.

i've also noticed that the battery doesn't last very long (usually around four days before i must recharge it again) . keep in mind i only use it as my international roaming device (receive text messages only), so the phone is almost always on stand by mode.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    i've also noticed that the battery doesn't last very long (usually around four days before i must recharge it again) . keep in mind i only use it as my international roaming device (receive text messages only), so the phone is almost always on stand by mode.
    I agree bro! The N95's battery doesn't last even for a day according to some who runs symbian applications on the background and those who record videos for too long. I think you can't even record a 1 hour movie because the battery drains too fast... unlike the N82, i've tested my friend's phone and when i try to record an mp4 movie there's still at least 3-4 bars left.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I find the N82 buttons too small especially if you have big hands & fingers. The N81 (although a slightly lower level then the N82) is better that it has bigger buttons and has most of the features of N82. The same goes for the 6500 classic and slide... just that the 6500 does it with more class.

IF you are worrying about the sliding mechanism, I own a N80 and it seems the N series mechanisms are pretty robust as compared to non N-series units (btw, 6500 slide mechanism is also very good).
    I also like the N81 but i think the keypad is very prone to scratches especially the softkeys in the middle... also the camera lens doesn't have protection. I can't find any protective items for that phone that's why i don't like it. Mejo maarte kasi ako sa mga gadgets... hehe!

How old is you N80 btw? I find the sliding of N80 very strong because i think it uses coil springs, once you slide it parang it slides on its own afterwards... unlike the N95, parang walang pangrecoil yung slide nya and it requires a bit force to slide it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use N95 8gb since Jan 2008.
    - Good Battery life...
    - Never experience any reboot/hung....
    - Good LCD/Cam quality
    - Di naman problem un slider...(so far).
    - Swiss knife complete....connectivity to PC.

Based on Internet reviews...problemado daw un unang version ng N95(silver)...dahil sa limited internal memory which is basically where the OS is residing / and manipulating other apps.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 32mcute View Post
    I use N95 8gb since Jan 2008.
    - Good Battery life...
    - Never experience any reboot/hung....
    - Good LCD/Cam quality
    - Di naman problem un slider...(so far).
    - Swiss knife complete....connectivity to PC.

Based on Internet reviews...problemado daw un unang version ng N95(silver)...dahil sa limited internal memory which is basically where the OS is residing / and manipulating other apps.
    Hmmm... isn't it that the internal memory of N95 classic is 160mb? I think there should be no problems with that... except nalang siguro if mga less than 20% nalang space ng internal memory. I haven't heard any software problems with N95... but the sliding mechanism itself is what others complain which gets lose after sometime.

Anyway... i'll buy an N82 tomorrow. Im quite convinced with its features and style. Pero if may makapagmotivate talaga sakin ng sobra to buy N95 classic then maybe i would change my mind. Haha! Bahala na, pareho namang maganda bilin. ^_^

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xTrememan View Post
    How old is you N80 btw? I find the sliding of N80 very strong because i think it uses coil springs, once you slide it parang it slides on its own afterwards... unlike the N95, parang walang pangrecoil yung slide nya and it requires a bit force to slide it.
    It's almost two years. Dropped it a few times, twice while I was running after a tram or similar. Even through my normal daily use of openning & closing the slide mechanism and drops, it still slides smoothly.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    the "xenon" flash of N82 is way better than the "ordinary" flash of n95, plus it's a bar type (which i prefer over sliders and clamshell)..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't have a N82, but here are my thoughts on my N95

i think it's too much phone for me. i'm really mostly a phone/text/email user so some of the advanced features are lost on me. i bought it because i wanted to consolidate my phone, digicam, and ipod into one device, and have had mixed results.

phone is excellent. texting is poor because of the lack of a qwerty keyboard
    the camera is excellent. this is really the biggest advantage of having this device for me
    the mp3 player is decent, but navigation is hard and i don't like that it needs another gizmo to attach 3rd party headphones
    the GPS has been a lifesaver on a few occasions :2thumbsup:
    GPRS is buggy here in the states, and i still cant get my email to work right

Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    bumili ako last year around sept yata ng n95 (1 gig, but i am currently using a 4-gig micro sd) namin ng wife ko.
    san ka nakakuha ng 4 gig? and it works fine? sabi ng Nokia sa akin hanggang 2 gig lang daw ang pede :seeth:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nokia N95 or N82???