New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Both almost have the same specs, sans the touchscreen and camera where the W960i has the edge, but the Nokia has a better display. I want a phone with high memory capacity so I can use it as a mobile music player when I commute. I plan to retire my P990i with either one.

Which one would you choose and why?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Both almost have the same specs, sans the touchscreen and camera where the W960i has the edge, but the Nokia has a better display. I want a phone with high memory capacity so I can use it as a mobile music player when I commute. I plan to retire my P990i with either one.

Which one would you choose and why?

TIA
    maski ano hawak mong phone... maski Bird pa yan, fogee ka pa din... seriously my opinion below:

a) The W960 is bigger.
    b) The W960 is lighter.
    c) The W960 is slightly faster (processing time). For symbians, this is very important.
    d) The N81 has HSCSD, making data transmission faster.
    e) The N81 too has EDGE, para kung wala kang 3G or HSCSD signal, mabilis pa din compared to the GPRS signal. I think mga 128 kbps ang EDGE compared sa 64 kbps ng GPRS. If data transmission is important to you, much better and EDGE and HSCDS compared to just 3G and GPRS.
    f) The W960 has a better resolution camera. Knowing Sony Ericssons, ganda ng camera resolution neto.
    g) The W960 has bigger storage space. May sarili syang shared space, may sarili syang flash memory na 256 MB
    h) The secondary camera ng W960 is VGA, compared to the CIF secondary ng camera ng N81. Kung gusto mong maging fogee pa during video calls, the VGA camera is better.
    i) The screen, although of the same resolution, is a little bit bigger for N81.
    i) Knowing SEs, the battery time is longer.

To summarize:

a) The N81 is better for data transmission.
    b) The W960 is better built for multi-media.
    c) The W960 looks better.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not to mention the awkward keypad of the N81. But my only gripe with the W960 is that it doesn't have a d-pad for navigation. You can only use the jog dial for scrolling through sms and composing messages which can be quite frustrating at times. I've experienced this 1st had since my P990's normal keypad died on me (menu button won't work, S$70 to replace). Oh yeah, the N81 has stereo loudspeakers vs. the single piece for the W960.

Prices here are as follows:
    N81 8GB - S$758.00 (S$618 for the N81 SD, 2GB card included... but it does support 4GB cards)
    W960i - S$874.00

Magkano ba jan?
    Last edited by ssaloon; January 11th, 2008 at 05:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    im just wondering, y not consider n95 8gb as another option? or better yet, wait for n97. just my 2 cent.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    N95 is too bulky for me. And it's quite overpriced for its age imho. It still retails for over s$1000 here.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about po Samsung F700 touchscreen.Eto po Specs niya.

Samsung F700 Ultra Smart Specifications & Features
    Screen
    2.78 Inch TFT 262k Full Colour Touch Screen (440 x 240 Pixels)

Imaging
    5 Megapixel Camera
    Auto Focus
    Flash
    Photo Effects
    Photo Settings
    Second Camera
    Video Calling
    Video Recorder
    Video Player (MPEG4, H263, H264 & Real)
    Video Streaming
    Screensaver & Wallpaper

Messaging
    SMS (Text Messaging)
    EMS (Enhanced Messaging)
    MMS (Multimedia Messaging)
    Email
    Instant Messaging

Sound
    Music Player (MP3, AAC+ & eAAC+)
    Volume Control
    Play Lists
    Polyphonic Ringtones
    MP3 Ringtones
    Vibration Alert

Entertainment
    Java™ Games
    Organiser
    Phonebook
    Clock
    Alarm
    Currency Converter
    Calculator
    Calendar
    To Do List
    Stop Watch
    Call Timer
    Offline Mode
    Document Viewer
    Flash User Interface
    VibeTonz Technology
    QWERTY Keypad

Connectivity
    3G HSDPA
    Bluetooth®
    USB
    EDGE

Network
    Tri Band (GSM 900, GSM 1800 & GSM 1900)
    HSDPA

Internet
    HTML Browser
    WAP 2.0

Memory & Talk Time
    MicroSD™ Memory Card
    Talk Time TBC
    Standby TBC

Weight & Size
    Weight TBC
    104 x 50 x 16.4 mm

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    maybe the w960i you're getting is bundled with 2 headphones, 1 is a bluetooth stereo headset. the nokia on the other hand has a 3.5 mm jack.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, the W960 here just comes with the standard walkman in-ear headphones. It's a 2-piece unit, 1 side connects to the phone using the standard contact point for SE, and the other end houses a mic with 3.5mm jack, so you can plug-in aftermarket headphones of your choice. Badtrip, they decided not to include the bluetooth headset as standard.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    neither, if i'm going to buy a phone over 20k, i'll seriously consider the Iphone. it's as bulky naman with the phones mentioned here.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm a fan of Apple (mac user), but I've never been a fan of the Iphone. It's way too overrated IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nokia N81 8GB or SE W960i?