New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    I'm torn between these 2 phones. If you were to choose, which would you pick?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    both are hsdpa phones.

N82 is slightly thicker
    N82 is heavier
    N78 has slightly faster processor
    N82 has bigger internal memory
    N82 has 5 mpx cam, compared to 3.2 mpx sa N78
    N82 has motion sensor
    N78 has longer standby time.
    N82 looks better.

N82 ako....

magkano ba price of both phones na yan ngayon in the local market?
    Last edited by 1D4LV; July 31st, 2008 at 09:10 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    N82 ako. sagwa ng keypad ng N78 eh.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    N82 ako. sagwa ng keypad ng N78 eh.
    Balita ko rin, madali raw mag 'mistype' sa keypad ng N78.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mas di ko gusto ang keypad ng n82, though i am contemplating of having that phone, nokia isnt about to release any phone as of the moment as ive checked gsmarena.com

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    N82 ka na! All in one gadget and its also better than N95. Nung bumili ako di talaga ako nagsisi. Hehehe!

Sino pa ba mga naka N82 dito??? May papatulong sana ako. TIA! ^_^

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I've got N82!

Actually my other choice is the Iphone 3G but after weighing all the features and value for money, N82 wins hands down.

I love the GPS, WLAN connectivity, camera w/ xenon flash, 2Gb memory (actually I upgraded already to 8Gb), and a host of free applications for S60 v3.

For additional resources, anyone can search howardforums.

If you ask me how much I bought it? It's $432.00 (inclusive of tax, shipping charge and discount) about 2 weeks ago at buy.com. That is roughly around 18k in Philippine money.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    i have a Iphone 3g but wanted a N82, my work has a contract with AT&T so they will not pay for an out side vendor other than what at&t has, nokia is a very user friendly phone and love it. the iphone is nice when your watching TV, movies or music . bad part is texting is hard, maybe cuz, im not a text person but yeah A+ for the N82

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Exact sentiments about the Iphone 3G. It is good media device but the phone features lag behind others. That is why I bought an Ipod Touch 16 GB to fill this void and the N82 covers all the rest of my mobile needs.

Can you imagine Iphone 3G not capable of even capturing videos? That S*CKS!!! No cut and paste and no MMS?!?!? Texting is also a huge pain...

I have an unlimited data plan from AT&T so that solves my internet requirements which my N82 can easily utilize and abuse.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Exact sentiments about the Iphone 3G. It is good media device but the phone features lag behind others. That is why I bought an Ipod Touch 16 GB to fill this void and the N82 covers all the rest of my mobile needs.

Can you imagine Iphone 3G not capable of even capturing videos? That S*CKS!!! No cut and paste and no MMS?!?!? Texting is also a huge pain...

I have an unlimited data plan from AT&T so that solves my internet requirements which my N82 can easily utilize and abuse.

Woohoo.. madami rin naman palang may ayaw sa Iphone. Its a good decision that you chose N82 than the IPhone because it definitely has supreme performance and its an all in one gadget. I can't even believe that the new iphone doesn't even have camera flash or camera lens cover and can't even capture videos! If you're buying an Iphone... you're paying a lot for the brand name "Apple" than the phone itself. Believe me or not... but i think its true.

BTW... i had the chance to explore the N78's features and i think it's Symbian OS is its only good feature because it has this "music themes" support which is only found on nokia 5610 and N78. I'd still prefer an N82... hehe!
    Last edited by xTrememan; August 3rd, 2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: .

Nokia N78 vs. N82