New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    HG: salamat. Mahirap nga walang keyboard. Im limiting myself to the 9500, 9300 or the E61.

Oldblue: Thanks sa reply and inputs. because of it im more inclined to getting the E61. Kahit may kamagalan siguro at least newer model. Any idea how much bnew?
    kuya djerms..... ang alam ko, yung E61, libre na sa smart gold.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    OldBlue: Maraming salamat. Nagtanung na din ako kanina. Can you create an office file sa E61 (like a real computer) or edit only? 20k pa nga sa malls. Will check the site.
    yes you can create new files, edit existing files, cut/copy and paste data in between pre-installed excel and word in the E61. yu can even cut/copy and paste parts of your text documents to SMS editor and Notes/Calendar editor. sa Nokia E50 yun edit lang. it's a good alternative for the laptop. when I bought mine, yan din reason ko add to the fact na mahirap na mag-iwan ng laptop sa tsikot ngaun (due to hi-tech thieves)

battery time is great too. word/excel editing can last you more than 5 hours non-stop. ikaw ang susuko sa masakit na daliri hehehe
    Last edited by oldblue; April 16th, 2007 at 02:30 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HG: GLobe kasi gamit ko na postpaid and I'm still within holding period kaya hindi ko basta basta pwede bitawan. Hehe.

Oldblue: Thanks for the info. Ang ganda nga ng display niya vs the communicator series. Nakita ko ang sample spreadsheet. Galing. Now I'm thinking of getting the E61i.

Hindi ko makita yung for sale section sa site na sinabi mo bro. San kaya makikita?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sir kelangan mo mag-register to view the for sale sections. tapos type mo na lang E61 sa search function. may isang malaking thread din duon about Nokia E61, duon ako madami natutunan. sa BnCXE and other tech forums wala gano discussion sa E61, dun lang.

I was able to setup my e-mail as push e-mail or "e-mail on the go" ala text messaging, provided na parati may Wifi yun area na pinapalagian mo.

you can even attach your word/excel docs thru that e-mail client in the E61.

to learn more functions of the E series, try this: www.e-series.org dyan pati applications na gusto mo install makikita mo
    Last edited by oldblue; April 17th, 2007 at 12:43 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah okay...got it thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm a Communicator fan because of its computer functions. I'm currently using a 9300. It's a smaller 9500 without camera and wi-fi.

I think I'd check this E-61.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    j avonni: At first i'm eyeing the 9500 or any communicator series phone but when I saw the display of the E61, I removed the communicator phones in my list. Now I'm just deciding between the E61 or E61i.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The successor to the Nokia 9500 Communicator is the Nokia e90 (with the same form-factor). Main difference is the OS and bands. e90 is quad-band including 3G and uses the more popular Series 60 while the 9500 is mainly GPRS and uses the now phased out Series 80.

Compared to the e-series, the 9500 is slow especially if you have a lot of stored files (such as a big phonebook). In creating SMS messages, the phonebook (contacts database) actually takes a few seconds before popping up on screen to let you choose the recipient(s).

The e90 is due Q2 this year. Preliminary specs include 3.2 megapixel camera, a second front one for video calls, GPS and HSDPA. Unfortunately pricing is expected to be around USD700 - USD800 for unsubsidized units.

If your usage is primarily entering data in Office documents, my personal take is the 9500 would be more convenient with its more spaced-out QWERTY keypad. I use both the Nokia 9500 and the e61 and for texting functions, I find myself using the 9500 more often simply because it is easier for me to type on it.

Data input, however, is very much a personal thing and you may want to try out both units. Another alternative is the Nokia 9300i (with wifi but without the camera and is considerably smaller than the 9500) which uses the same OS as the 9500.

Lastly, if you intend to use WiFi-based VoIP on your mobile phone, the e61 and the e90 can both readily take advantage of the various free services, having built-in SIP stacks. The 9500 supports only half-duplex and can at best use push-to-talk (or walkie-talkie type) services.

Hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm presently using e61, after mawala n9500 ko, for me personally mas mabilis gamitin ang 9500....i'm excited sa e90. how much kaya initial price nito?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nokia 9500