New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just setup a new computer and I intend to use the built-in audio of the motherboard. I installed all the drivers that came with the installer included with the motherboard. But there was no sound and in the Sounds and Audio Devices under Control Panel, 'No audio device' is displayed.

What should I do?

Motherboard is an Intel DG35EC.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try checking if Windows installed some generic drivers for your audio hardware. If it did, simply delete and install the proper drivers for them.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Go into device manager and look for any bangs. It's possible that the audio driver is missing or your sound card is busted.

if it's a driver problem try downloading the specific model.
    It can also be a windows installation problem so you may need to reformat and reinstall windows.

worst case scenario have your motherboard/sound card replaced.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Check the CMOS settings if the built-in audio board has been enabled. If it isn't, Windows won't see it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Check the CMOS settings if the built-in audio board has been enabled. If it isn't, Windows won't see it.
    +1...or try uninstalling your audio driver then reboot your pc. on your next boot-up windows will detect your audio devices...dont let the system install it automatically kci it will use your old driver. do it manually and make sure na sa CD ka kukuha ng driver. minsan kci sir windows will use drivers that are already on its files kya hindi na cya kukuha from your CD.

i dont trust ung automatic installation kya some part of it ginagawa ko manually to make sure na update or galing CD lahat ng drivers ko.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sorry po mods double post...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the Device Manager, under the Sound, video and game controllers, eto mga nakalagay:
    Audio codecs
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    nVidia ??? crossbar
    nVidia Video ???
    Video Codecs

Sound is enabled in the BIOS.

I already tried to download and install the drivers from Realtek's as well as Intel's website.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The specific Realtek audio is this: RealTek* ALC888S

The driver should be an executable file and has to be run manually.

I just recently downgraded from Win 7 Beta Build 7000 back to XP Home. The Realtek driver audio had to be installed manually by running the executable followed by a reboot. Looking for drivers via cd or specific location won't work.

Yours should be this one found at Intel's download center:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]AUD_allOS_5783_PV_RTL.exe

You can also check the cd for the executable.
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 19th, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've already downloaded that file and installed it. Still no audio device found.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I've already downloaded that file and installed it. Still no audio device found.
    What OS are you using and what other devices have an exclamation point in Device Manager?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
No audio device