New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    DSLR...

ano kaya ang ok sa 2 brands? pros and cons?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Maganda Nikon kasi makakatipid ka sa lens. Yung lenses nila you can fit in any kind of Nikon body.

Yung canon body has a specific lens type. So yung lens na binili mo di gagana sa ibang Canon body.

I'm still contemplating on what body to buy, close na kasi ang mind ko sa Nikon. Either D80 or D60. Pero mas gusto ko ang nauna.

Tinititigan ko lang ngayon ang budget ko.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there's a camera thread here somewhere, search for it..

and this issue has been beaten to death since the late 80s, comparing the two largest camera brands in the world is futile, the Nikon fanbois are willing to kill to support their brand, the Canon users will brag about their professional dominance to no end.

* nurse corrupted: You're grossly misinformed, while yes Nikon's old lenses will work with newer bodies, most of them won't give you the automation you need to make it work well. You'll end up with manual focusing most of the time. Just because it mounts, doesn't mean everything will work fine with modern bodies.

All K-mount lenses of Pentax from the 70s will work with new Pentax DSLRs as well, not only that, all their lenses will gain Shake Reduction (aka image stabilization/vibration reduction) as well since the body provides it, not the lens.

Canon's shallow film/sensor plane also allows multitude of lenses from other brands to be used perfectly onto its body with the right adapter. Contax, M42, Olympus, Nikon, Hasselblad lenses can all be used on EOS bodies with a cheap adaptor. Heck, I have 5 1970-80s M42s on my EOS that works perfectly.

Unless you're comparing high-end models, the differences are absolutely minimal between the different manufacturers at this point in time.

Besides, how many lenses will you end up buying anyway? 2? 3? I doubt you'll be looking at older lenses when you upgrade.
    Last edited by theveed; August 2nd, 2008 at 01:51 AM.

nikon vs canon