New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ooops. I took a look at the specs of the Aspire 5672 and it's also dualcore plus, it has a better video card than the HP's. I wouldn't mind having one either. But, I'm not in the market for a new laptop just yet.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pavilion user here... those are hot mothers (and mean in the literal sense... they run very high temps!) and you ought to invest in a laptop cooler if you buy one.

The older Pavilions were prone to nasty errors because of this... there are three of us in the family with the first gen Pavilion, and they all failed within a year or two of purchase.

I was the lucky one, ours got replaced under warranty with a second gen model. Although it occassionally slows down due to heat, it doesn't crash catastrophically like the old one does.

These newer Pavilions with Compaq tech are much better than the old ones, but be careful how you use them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    dual core na 1.6ghz would be faster ba than those centrino with 1.8ghz nd 2ghz?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thinkpad T43 w/ 1gig ram answer to all you prayers

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    dual core na 1.6ghz would be faster ba than those centrino with 1.8ghz nd 2ghz?
    Not necessarily if the graphics app doesn't take advantage of the second core. But, one thing I noticed from my use of a dualcore cpu (X2 4200+) is the much smoother computing experience under Windows XP. I do know that video editing/encoding apps makes heavy use of dualcore. I'm sure the heavyweight graphics apps also do.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrother
    Acer 5562 duo,,,just 89,900

pros:
    dual core
    sata hd (5400) only
    ati X1400 256mb hyper
    dvdrw drive (slot)
    xbright screen
    wifi, bluetooth, firewire

cons:
    keyboard too soft...not that sturdy..

if for hard gamers, no definite budget (skies the limit) GET THE DELL INSPIRON 9400 ALMOST 167,000,
    its true about the Acer's keyboard being too soft...actually all models (except the Ferrari one) have the same keyboard properties. in fact, there was one Aspire 5672 demo model in the shop where the keys in the keyboard are so loose, a few of them were just latched lightly onto the keyboard's slot. i was told an owner brought the unit back to the store because of the loose keys. the store is using it as a demo unit until its taken back to Acer service center.

parang turn-off tuloy yung Acer...although specs-wise it packs a lot compared to other notebooks .
    Last edited by nitrox; April 10th, 2006 at 02:56 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    acer ferrari 4000. i have a 3200 version. so far, ganda ng performance.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Di ako masyadong bilib sa HP pavilion. Had many bad experience with them, HDD failure, hot chasis kaya para kang laging mapapasma pag matagal mo ng ginagamit.

Alienware lang talaga ang nakita kong Total gaming laptop.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wrcastro_ph
    Alienware lang talaga ang nakita kong Total gaming laptop.

area 51? ok sana kaso kasing mahal ng second hand na cefiro.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the specs are very much okay kung regular business routine lang ang gagawin mo sa laptop.

if you plan on heavy graphics - i'll go for a mac instead.

if you plan to move around regularly (walking perhaps or commuting from one airport to another) i will recommend you get the lightest in weight (1kg or less would be the best).

if you have minor needs in speed, go for the cheapest brand of brandnew models instead. Only the very ones are really technically slow.

my 2 cents.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
nid ur opinion on laptop