1. Join Date
    Feb 2007

This summarizes Iphone 4S

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007

More on SIRI

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    SIRI looks impressive. I wonder if it will work on any internet connection or will it work only on Wifi. Samsung has Voice Talk, but it also needs a network connection to work ... What I suspect is Apple will use Google search to work with SIRI.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto
    SIRI looks impressive. I wonder if it will work on any internet connection or will it work only on Wifi. Samsung has Voice Talk, but it also needs a network connection to work ... What I suspect is Apple will use Google search to work with SIRI.
    Siri will work on both connections when required. Yes, Apple still uses Google maps for providing directions. However, Apple partnered with YELP to supply local search rankings for businesses.

I wonder if the new Iphone OS will carry Siri towards older models (3GS and 4)? Or this will only be exclusive for 4S?

I will bet that Apple will sell millions of these no matter how heavily it is criticized. What will surely tarnish its appeal is a repeat of what happened when they launched Iphone 4 (remember antennagate?). I'm hoping Cook and his clan is driving Apple in the right direction.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dalawa na rin daw antenna ng iphone 4GS diba? nakita ko doon sa post mong video. my cousins was chatting with me last night and order na daw sila sa Monday...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Lots of people are disappointed, haters are still hating, but in the end the iphone will still be the best selling phone.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    iPhone 4S Sets Sales Record for Apple - Yahoo! News
    Although the iPhone 4S launch was a disappointment to some Apple fans -- because it wasn't the iPhone 5 -- that doesn't seem to be hurting sales. On Monday, the company announced that its first day of pre-orders exceeded 1 million and smashed the record set by the previous model, the iPhone 4.

The pre-orders started on Friday, and the device goes on sale at stores this Friday. The 4S adds a third U.S. carrier partner, Sprint Nextel, to the existing two carriers, AT&T and Verizon Wireless.

Previous Record: 600,000

The iPhone 4's previous record was 600,000 orders in one day. Philip Schiller, senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, said in a statement that "first day pre-orders for iPhone 4S have been the most for any new product Apple has ever launched."

The new device offers iOS 5, the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system, with more than 200 new features. One of the most talked-out additions is iCloud, which allows users to automatically and wirelessly store their content on Apple's servers, and retrieve it on other devices.

The 4S features an A5 dual-core processor that doubles the speed over the predecessor model, a battery life of up to eight hours for voice, a high-resolution retina display, and an eight-megapixel camera that permits 73 percent more light, 30 percent sharper images, better color accuracy, 1080p HD video, and has a new image-stabilization feature.

It also features a voice-to-text software assistant called Siri for voice-activated commands. At the 4S launch last week, Apple executive Scott Forstall verbally asked the 4S to find a Greek restaurant in Palo Alto, and the app complied. Siri is available on the 4S but not yet on other iOS 5 devices.

'Not at All Surprised'

Avi Greengart, an analyst with industry research firm Current Analysis, said he was "not at all surprised" by the 4S record opening-day sales.

"People had been holding off buying a new smartphone until Apple's next release," he said, so the sales volume can be attributed, at least in part, to that pent-up demand.

In addition, Greengart said, "the iPhone 4, 16 months after its launch, is still selling well," and the 4S is the same model, but with more features and power. Finally, he said that adding Sprint as a carrier "certainly helps," especially since "the No. 1 reason why people have left Sprint" in recent times was to get the iPhone.

Apple and some industry observers have suggested that the voice agent Siri was a "breakthrough technology."

"It's not yet clear if Siri is making a difference in people's buying decisions." Greengart said. He added that, as someone who has followed artificial intelligence and related software for years, Siri "blew me away" from a technology perspective.

From the point of view of usefulness, he said, it's not yet clear if Siri is a home run.
    like i said, it still became the best selling phone and broke the record of the previous best selling phone which is also an iphone.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    malaki din siguro effect nung pagkamatay ni Steve.. kaya madaming bumili..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    malaki din siguro effect nung pagkamatay ni Steve.. kaya madaming bumili..
    Not really, ever since the iphone came out it became the best selling phone and broke the sales record of the previous best selling phone which is also an iphone.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Iphone 4S - launch day Sydney

... some say 4S = FOR STEVE.

the next iPhone