New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    sus ayusin muna nila ang kanilang internet connection hindi yung laging sira at putol putol ang mga signal pati bandwidth speed laging kulang mga letse sila gusto lagi na lang makaisa sa mga customers

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    if ever they would push through with the cap firstly dapat ayusin nila yung service nila. yung sinasabi nilang speed hindi naman nila dinedeliver! saka sobra bagal pa ng internet natin dito no compared others in asia. saka dapat yung cap reasonable naman.. say 600gb to 1 tb of data per month.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    Sa BayanDSL 100gb daw limit per month.

http://www.bayan.com.ph/forum/yaf_po...dth-Usage.aspx
    100gb sounds a lot but that works out to 3.3gb per day. Not much if you watch your TV and movies straight from the internet (legal or otherwise).

Simply someone playing online games, listening to internet radio and/or watching youtube can reach that limit if the connection is fast enough.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    This guy does not realize how illogical and silly this reasoning is. The cap will affect the very heavy users but not affect the vast majority of consumers..

Although there is no such thing as a "free lunch" and any business much be profitable, ISPs have had years of providing sub-standard services. And then they add THIS data-cap limit. It is as if they haven't been implementing a connection speed throttling for years.

A limited internet will limit growth of services in this area. Unlimited high speed internet is a gateway for growth and development beyond what we have now.

Look at South Korea's broadband internet and how it has improved their lives.

Can you imagine ALL connectivity services including TV, internet, telephony, music, video security, etc all going into each homes and business through a single high speed data link? I can but that will only happen if there is better service and no data-cap.

Putting a data-cap is a short sighted way to increase system capacity. Much like the "color-coding scheme" used to "improve" traffic in Metro Manila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang mga problema eh yun infrastructure ng mga telco, kaya laging congested ang lines. eh bakit sa consumers ipapasa ang problema?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    NTC...you take them seriously?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ang mga problema eh yun infrastructure ng mga telco, kaya laging congested ang lines. eh bakit sa consumers ipapasa ang problema?

It is cheaper solution as in they don't spend a centavo for hardware. All they have to do is tell the admin on duty to set the data-cap limits. Profits increase, stockholders happy (since they would be immune to the data-cap anyway).

And if they got this passed under the noses of the news people, it is typical for pinoys to accept it as inevitable and do nothing about it.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 31st, 2010 at 09:58 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    WiTribe started it all with their wimax kuno services...kawawa ang mga heavy users ng internet if this gets implemented kasi restricted na yung access mo sa data.

What if you need to download information or graphics as part of your work...then limited ka na kasi capped ka at let's say 3gb a day.

I hope they see the folly of this action. And how does this transalate to commercial users of ISP services...will this also affect corporate clients in the long run? Wag naman sana.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    at first, i was against the idea. am currently reading up and weighing the pros and cons. however, i believe that heavy users should be billed more than average users. you consume more bandwidth, you pay more. you consume less, you pay less. i dont agree with the 3gb a day caps, but to 90+gb caps a month, im amenable. simply because, there are days im using it up more, there are days that am not.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    at first, i was against the idea. am currently reading up and weighing the pros and cons. however, i believe that heavy users should be billed more than average users. you consume more bandwidth, you pay more. you consume less, you pay less. i dont agree with the 3gb a day caps, but to 90+gb caps a month, im amenable. simply because, there are days im using it up more, there are days that am not.

The thing is, subscribers are already paying for their chosen bandwidth (that does not get fulfilled by the ISP anyway).

Adding a data cap is like subscribing to a cable tv service and then the cable service decides to put a maximum number of viewing hours allowed per month on your subscription.

The ISPs are already limiting our bandwidth by "throttling" (limiting internet download speeds) our connection rates lower than the subscribed rates.

Ever wondered why your internet 2MB/s connection never will achieve 2MB/s performance?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
NEWS: NTC's proposed data caps violate consumer rights